14.8.10

denali & brulé

once upon a time there was a very adorable naughty puppy named denali.  she was the love of my life for the brief time she was on this earth.
6 months after i got her, she went to heaven.  it was a very sad time for all of us. 
as mentioned in a previous post i wrote a little book about this.
that story recently made me think of doing this painting....
 
this is my painted version of denali...
and this is brulé
you might be wondering why this pretty girl
is in the form of an alligator on the painting.
ever since she was a little puppy she's had tons of nicknames....one of which is alligator.
so basically this painting is of denali and brulé in heaven and denali is sending bru to me with instructions.
because that is what i believe truly happened.

p.s.  steinway(denali's sister and brulés mom)stayed at my house while my mom went to the store today.
ordinarily steinway is pretty laid back about these sorts of things but not this time.
she was not happy about my mom leaving her.  she whined as soon as my mom walked out the door then proceeded to whine off and on until my mom got back.  she stayed on the floor facing the door the entire time.  i called my mom and told her what was going on, she felt so bad that steinway was sad and promised to hurry.  it was like i was watching a toddler who won't stop crying because she wants her mommy. obviously steinway really loves my mom/her mom....with good reason. 

7 comments:

  1. I love this post for various reasons, Denali, Steinway, Brule', the painting (which I want). I love Steinway's fur on her legs all spread out. :) Please get your book published! I miss that cute, funny, naughty, Denali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew you would love it. you can't have the painting because it's my current favorite. i smile every time i walk past it. ok ok muzza. i knew you'd give me some kind of plea or lecture with this post. i miss her too. she was one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and steiners fur looks funny....i noticed that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute and touching story. I really like the painting. I can not get over how talented you are! Run with it:)

    I thought maybe steinway's fur was really fuzzy or going through static electricity:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. I really still need to read that story! Aww, I think her fur on her legs makes her look like a unicorn, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer.....i'm running with it....i promise i am. and no there was zero static going on with steinway...her fur is just really cool like that.

    Brandi I love that....
    Steinway = unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Skye your painting turned out absolutely adorable!! And I love the picture of steinway!!! She doesn't really look that unhappy. Maybe it's cuz she's such a pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.