12.8.10

bedtime stories

once upon a time there was a big buff blue squirrel.  he was a hoarder of various types of nuts.  this included but was not limited to, chocolate covered almonds, macadamia, and brazil nuts.  one day along came a beautiful pink squirrel, who was quite hungry.  at first the big buff blue squirrel was apprehensive about sharing his awe inspiring collection, but the beautiful pink squirrel looked at him lovingly with her giant blue eyes and he melted like butter on a hot roll.  they shared many wonderful dinners together and fell madly in love. 

there are some nights that i swear i can't fall asleep without a bedtime story.  luckily za husband makes up the best stories ever.  works like a charm every time......i'm practically snoring by the last sentence.  no matter what the story is about or what kind of critters are in it, you can bet there is always a pink critter and a blue critter of some sort.  i really love him and his stories!

9 years ago this was a very life altering sad day, only second to a day in november of that same year.  i am happy to report that i can now appreciate much more because of those difficult days.  i see the world with a different perspective.  i can empathize as i see these days from my moms perspective for probably the first time in 9 years.  i am grateful to spend this day and many more with the love of my life.

now since this blog is about happy things lets end with a preview of my painting i've been working on tonight....
there is much more to be added to this.  it is not going to be a painting that many of you will understand but i'll kindly explain the hidden meaning as soon as it's completed.  i was so excited about my genius idea that i was tempted to stay up all night to finish it but i'm fading fast so goodnight, and be expecting the rest of this gem very soon.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for always being there for me especially this day 9 years ago. Love you and love Will. Can't wait for the painting...you know it will have to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you cannot have this one muzza.....maybe a duplicate of it. you've always been there for me so i'll always be there for you. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on this painting, even though I don't know what it is yet!

    I used to make Jess tell me bedtime stories too! His involved penguins 90 % of the time. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye I almost cried when I read this!! And the painting is already beautiful even tho it is unfinished. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I check it almost every day. Like Bobbie I got emotional when I read it. Somehow our trials always make us stronger even though at the time we wonder how. Love, Merna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are both so unique. I truly think every one has a special someone out there. Its funny how things come together and we find each other. Some things are meant to be. Everyone needs a little bit of perspective. Life and its happenings define who we are. I love your newest painting and can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brandi....i believe we had a few penguins star in our bedtime stories as well :)

    bobbie.....thank you and i love you!

    merna....i was very happy to see your sweet comment this morning. thank you for that! i'm glad you read our happy place.

    jennifer...yes so intersting....i'm glad we found each other and i'm happy when other people find their perfect person.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.