3.8.10

stampede

on our walk/jog this evening we saw something unusual.  i'm so bummed i didn't have my camera with me to take pictures because they would have been awesome, i promise.  i had run ahead of will and while passing a side street i look over to my left and see a herd of cattle crossing the street.  i waved for will to hurry and look at what i couldn't believe i was seeing.  we followed the cattle as far as we could and marveled at how adorable they were.....especially the babies.  i begged will to run home as fast as possible and grab my camera but he told me no matter how fast he ran they would be gone by the time he got back.  he was right but i still begged.  we talked almost the whole way home about how that was such a weird but awesome thing to see in our nice little neighborhood.  certainly not something we see around here every day.
[picture near the stampede site minus the cattle]
strange to see them walking around the paved roads.
usually i only see that sort of thing on the dirt roads in the mountains by my moms house.

7 comments:

  1. That's funny because we did see a stampede when we were walking the babes tonight and the babes went insane! Maybe it was around the same time...freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! My brother in Law used to live on pasadena over by the fairgrounds. He had cops at his door one night. He answered and they told him he needed to do something with his cows. He said what cows..opened the front door and there were several cows all over the place. His front yard, neighbors yards etc. A cow container at the fairgrounds came open and they escaped. His neighbor called the cops because he thought they were his. Why I don't know...ha ha!

    What a neat sight though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. muzza....i miss the babes. i bet we did see stampedes at the same time...creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer....i really like your story. how funny! i picture it from a little kid point of view. i could just see the cows scheming to break out of the container and having an elaborate plan.....like an animated movie would depict it. that's how my brain works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Once in Kingman long ago, I was jogging later at night near Butler Park and saw a huge herd of cows but because it was so dark all I could see were their glowing eyes at first and it was so SCARY!! I thought they were werewolves out to get me!! Bummer you couldn't get a picture.. draw one!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela...I could be making this up but it seems like I remember you telling me that story many moons ago. I would have freaked out for sure! I miss you and I'm excited for you to have your baby!! Hurry it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a funny way of thinking about it..Cows scheming to get out..ha ha! I can't imagine sitting in your chair with your news paper, maybe TV on and a cow looks in your window at you or pulls down a leaf from one of your trees:0) You may even hear loud mooing out in your yard..ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.