10.8.10

road trippin' adventures part 3

as the day went on my fondness for taking pictures wore off but here a few from our 2nd stop for the day.....sedona.  by the time we made it to our last stop (flagstaff) my camera was sleeping soundly in my purse.  i was ready to sleep soundly by that point too but i used every last bit of energy to enjoy the rest of our magical trip.
(the trees there are so amazing!  this one doesn't
even begin to show how amazing they are but i
still love it.)
(pigs are so cute!  i should know....raised a few of them
back in my 4-H days.  makes me a little sad when
i think about it but it taught me important lessons and
if any animal is going to be raised to be eaten they
might as well have a very happy life like my pigs did
rather than some horrific factory life.  that's what i think anyway.)
(this hummus pizza was on another level of yummy. 
i think it almost made za husband gag but it was
pure bliss to me.  figs, feta, hummus, onions, roasted red pepper,
carmelized onions, piled high on a pita=heaven on a plate.)
this is the end of my road trip series.  such a wonderful time with
my best friend in za vorld!  i love za husband!

p.s.  here are a few of my amazing finds from the trip.

(got this necklace in jerome.  there were a bunch of different critter necklaces by the same artist.  all of them equally adorable.  there were about three that i really wanted.  finally decided on the elephant after picking it up several times.  probably drove the saleslady crazy with my indecision.)
(my mom has a cool little wooden box similar to this that someone got her as a gift several years ago in sedona.  i've searched for one ever since and my dreams came true when i found this in jerome.)
(this dog is made from recycled metal.  i first saw these when i went to sedona last june.  never bought one on that trip but thought about it.  this time we picked one out together.  there was an assortment of critters from different years/makes of old vehicles.  our dog came from a 1966 chevy truck.)

5 comments:

  1. You guys are making such special memories. I love the trip and how you broke it into series. I also like the goodies you came home with. You will have to tell me one of these days why Will is Za Russian. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you took a picture of the hummus pizza so you could recreate it for me. :) Brandon said the peeing doggy is probably just made from junk metal and they tell you its from a 1966 Chevy truck so they can jack up the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer....maybe i'll have to do a blog post to explain.....za russian, za husband, and za vorld....all of our weird lingo. Mainly it's just because we are strange little critters.

    Muzza Russia....you are probably the only person I know that will love the hummus pizza creation as much as me. We need to recreate these together! That sounds like Brandon. Will laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye, I will never forget the time we (Candice and I) helped your dad load up your pigs for 4H one time when you and Brandon were in school I think. They made scarey sounds and that was actually some tough work!! What was your second pig's name, do you remember? I just remember the first one and how Gramps always teased you about it! Naughty Gramps! I of course love the beautiful pictures too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember that...hahahaha! they do make the worst sounds when you are trying to load them up. i remember being shocked when my dad told me that you guys helped load them up. it's hard to say....maybe olivia, or bazzel. i was trying to remember those names the other night. yes naughty gramps!!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.