10.1.10

my version of the babes

I decided to do a painting of the dogs for my moms Christmas present.  Too bad it wasn't ready in time for Christmas and I just finished it.  Each dog has it's own silly personality and with that comes all the quirks of how they behave.  For the painting I focused on the favorite position each one uses while relaxing.

Here is Boz.  He curls up and tends to resemble a cinnamon roll, especially when it's cold and he wraps his tail around his face to cover his nose.


Here is Steinway.  The fluffiest girl ever!  She doesn't do any elaborate pose but this seems to capture all that is her. 


Here is Buddha.  Lots of times he curls up like Boz but he also enjoys letting one leg hang out.


Here is Brule'.  She is a huge fan of one leg straight up in the air.  Often times she'll twist up into what looks like the most uncomfortable position while putting one leg up in the air.  Let's just say if she did yoga she'd be really good at it.


Here is Mascara.  Her favorite position earned her the nickname of the turkey.  She will be flat on her back with all legs sticking out looking much like a cooked turkey. 



And finally the big picture......



And just for fun here is the latest picture of my mutant fern.  It is several inches taller as you can see.

6 comments:

  1. Awww the babes........they are my sweet, furry, unconditional, loving companions. I love my present and how you have captured their cute personalities! You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I LOVE it! I bet your mama does too. Where's she gonna hang that baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I can post comments now! I love your painting! I think the one of Mascara is my favorite...I lover her eyes and her turkey pose :)
    Also, your fern is a Freak! I'm gonna put mine inside and see what happens. Mine get long ones but after they get a few feet tall they kind of fall and grow out. Lets re-pot that thing and see how big it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't lover her eyes, I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You LOVER her eyes and you know it!

    I'm so glad you can post comments now! :) Even since I posted this most recent picture of the fern it's grown a few inches taller. I started petting it and talking to it last night so it might just be even more crazy!! We need to have garden time soon because I have lots to re-pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such neat pictures..Your talent amazes me more and more every time I see it! I love how each pet has its own personality and how you depicted that in each picture! So special!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.