27.5.11

crib parts

i am a collector of random little tidbits like movie tickets, pretty clothing tags,  vintage cards, quotes, magazine clippings, photos, paper scraps of all sorts that either have sentimental value or are aesthetically pleasing to me.
ten or so years ago i started taping these sorts of things on the pages of a hardcover journal until i filled it up.
recently i had decided i wanted some sort of antique/industrial way of displaying items like these in my art room.
one day while at my grandparents i noticed the springs from a crib in the backyard, this item was most likely on it's way to the trash.  i asked my grandpa if i could have the rusting pile of metal.  he seemed to think i was a little strange for wanting it but he obliged and dropped it by my house. 
i was explaining my vision for this item to my mom last week but all she could see was an old pile of metal.  she did say that she was sure i would turn it into something wonderful though.
maybe she and the rest of my family might understand now that they see the finished product.....or maybe not.

so glad will helped me with the task of painting the pieces and putting it back together then hanging it up.  he's quite handy.
i have really taken a fancy to my new/old random tidbit displayer.

6 comments:

  1. I had a comment all ready to post on here but I lost it!! So I'll re-type something. It basically said how I could not beleive that you made this into something soo cool!! You definitely have a unique artist's eye. I love it!! (And I'll be honest...I could not for the life of me figure out why you wanted this! But now I see!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't have the vision that you do...it is so cool and now I would want one of these in my house. You are too gifted and talented to be my daughter...you are visionary like your father. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Skye! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! It is awesome!!! You are a creative GENIUS!!! Everything that you create blows my mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the super sweet comments! i haven't been able to respond to comments for the last week or so because blogger doesn't seem to like me. if i haven't responded lately just know that each little word you leave me makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cute and clever!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.