31.10.10

this is halloween...

we went for a long hike yesterday (more on that another day).  by the time we got home we were so tired that we almost forgot to carve pumpkins.  that's crazy because i've only been talking about it for the entire month.  we have a tradition that started last year, to watch nightmare before christmas while we carve our pumpkins.  i find that little tradition of ours to be incredibly fun.  as soon as our festivities began i forgot how tired i was and carved two pumpkins then stayed up late roasting the seeds and being silly. 
yes, we take our designing and carving really serious around here.
 


it is pretty easy to tell which ones i carved and which one za husband carved. 
when i was a kid it was the same way.  my brother always carved some scary face and mine were always happy faces. 

maybe later i'll tell you a little more about how silly i really did get last night.  my case of the sillies carried over into the morning and they could have involved a little singing and dancing, a lot of laughing, and a video that i begged za husband to never share.
but for now.....happy halloween!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your pumpkins. Thanks for coming to dinner too! Sorry I couldn't visit more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how it goes....it's hard to visit when you are being all hostessy and stuff. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I leave theses great blogs for a few days and a whole lot of blogging happens! Cute pumpkins and I LOVE traditions!! So special:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pumpkins are cute. Although I think Mia might like Will's the best since it's a little vampireish looking. :) Youve got to share the video, with me at least!!! I'll love it and I'll promise not to laugh!! :) Remember when you recorded Mia singing that rocker song?? Which song was that? Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.