23.10.10

the big reveal

are you ready for this? 
i'm not sure if you are so i'll give the painting to you in small doses...
 for a couple reasons. 
revealing my latest creation compares to telling your best friend a really good secret. 
you don't just want to scream out the goodness...you want to let it spill out drop by drop, slowly.  it's just better that way.
the other reason is, i don't think you can get the full idea of how amazing this giant painting is unless you see it in sections.  i had to stand on the bed to get the whole thing in one shot and i want you to see some of the details.  however, i'm convinced it's impossible to translate the beauty of it in a photo, especially when you have an old dinosaur camera like mine.  you'll all just have to come over and see it. 
i can have a really good idea of how i want a painting to look and all the elements it will have as i'm starting on it.  then with each brush stroke it transforms into something a little different than what i envisioned.  sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.  this time it was certainly for the better.  my paintings usually have a story behind them and i would say this one does.  there are certain messages i tried to convey with the different things i painted on this big canvas but i won't share.  that way you can get your own idea and message from it.
i wanted the text to appear exactly this way and when i started out with it i wasn't sure it would end up the way i wanted but, it did.  just in case you are having trouble reading it i'll tell you what it says...
"if you live to be a hundred, i want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so i never have to live without you." -winnie the pooh
man, winnie the pooh really knows how to say it.  this painting was a bit of a collaboration.  while i was working on it i asked za husband to find a really awesome love quote.  this was the first one he brought to me and i was instantly sold on it.  because the truth is, i feel that exact way with him.  this morning we talked about how we would most likely fight over who got the "minus one day". 
i'll take a better big picture once it has finished drying and we get it hung up in the spot it was intended for. 

5 comments:

  1. Of course I have not seen it in real life but the picture you sent me this morning made me cry...and as you know I am not a crier. There is something eternal and beautiful about this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And the quote! Jess and I have had that talk many times, and he had to agree to be the plus one day, because we both know I would be a bigger wuss alone. I make sure to remind him periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow....I'd have to dedicate one card to just that picture its so big:) I love it. How amazing. Thats one of those things I don't even want to think about. Makes me think of the notebook, and how sad, and lonely, but happy and wonderful their story was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye....I really and truely think this is my all time favorite. Not just because it's soo big but it's just amazingly beautiful. It makes me feel like I'm in some dreamland when I'm looking at it. I want to know the story behind it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw it's so pretty. i love the colors. and i love that quote! it's one of my favorite cute love quotes.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.