8.10.10

on the 8th of october

this is one of those moments that i truly feel inspired to write.  as a result this post might be a little jumbled because i'm all sorts of emotions right now and my fingers can't always keep up with my thoughts.  this is one of those days that i remember what's truly important.  all too often i get caught up in the stress of every day life, who doesn't?  there is work and bills and other silly things i worry about.  then i have a moment like i had today and it shocks me back into reality.....in a good way.  i suddenly remember what is so important in this life.  my entry tonight started on paper because as it came rushing out of me as i discovered our computer was sick with a virus.  luckily i'm married to the best computer tech in the world and he got right to work giving our sick computer the medicine it needs.  since it's practically impossible for me to do a pictureless post i'll add some but let it be known that these are pictures of pictures and not my first choice of all the ones i have.  my best pictures for this one are at my mom's house but i fail to remember to bring them every time i go out there.

once upon a time a magical man lived on this earth.  he was born many years ago on this day.  i am 50% him and 50% my mom but i actually think i'm more like 75% him and 25% my mom, she will tell you the same thing.  i am him in my face, my smile, my dimples, my hands and feet.  i am also him in my thoughts, dreams, personality, creativity, and in the things i admire.  i understand that no person is perfect but i'm pretty sure that if you asked me to name a near perfect person i'd tell you it's my dad.  when i was scared, sick, or troubled as a little girl i'd most often want my dad.  when i started school my first day is documented with pictures of me crying and clinging to my dad because i was certain he could save me from that monster called kindergarten.  as i got older and went through different challenges and life lessons growing up i turned to him for advice.  you could ask anyone who knew him well and they would tell you he was wise and wonderful with advice.  the older i got the more i knew that i wanted to marry someone with the same qualities of my dad (and on a side note i sometimes am in awe of the things will says or does because it reminds me of my father).  so this post is for my dad who is also known as my compass.  he may not be here physically but he is here in spirit.  while the sadness can sometimes be overwhelming i am comforted in knowing that we will eventually be together again and today i am celebrating his life.  happy birthday dad!
                                                   
my parents with the baby me


parents with my brother

at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party
with the yoyo from my second ever trip to disneyland
always smiling

10 comments:

  1. Oh Skye, you have such a tender heart and soul. You always bring me to tears and you know that is not an easy thing to do. Cherish and enjoy every moment because those sweet pictures of you as a baby, at times, seem like they were just yesterday. Some people truly are irreplaceable and that is obviously your dad, my soul mate, my forever man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom...i hope you realize that i love and cherish you as much as i do dad. i am so glad that i am blessed with a wonderful mother and father. i really feel so fortunate that i'm yours and his. i love you and i'm sorry you have been through so much and don't cry too much ok? :) we can't both have puffy eyes tomorrow. makeup just doesn't work well on puffy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so inspiring. It brought tears to my eyes and I'm so sad that you lost your dad. I feel the same way about my dad and it tears at my heart every day and every year that he is here and gets a tad bit older. Wonderful people have wonderful children and he is so proud of you and I'm sure smiling down on you every day. Happy Birthday to your dad the one who brought such a sweet daughter in to this world with his soul mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer....i love your comment....it is so sweet and sincere. you and i are like two peas in a pod when it comes to the things we think about (and stress about) like life and death and all the things in between. so glad to have you as my friend! you are a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I wish I'd met him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skye I was about to cry when I read your post AND your mom's comment. I truly feel for both of you. Your dad really was a great man. He and your mom brought you and Brandon up to special people!! I know you are an emotionally and spiritually strong person to have endured this, and I wish I could be more like you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandi...i really wish you would have met him too! I know you would have liked him and he would have liked you.

    Bobbie....i figured this one might be a tear jerker for you because you are my sensitive little aunt. thank you for your sweetness! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skye...I love you! This post made me so sad. I hate that you lost your dad. I wish I would have know him, but I can tell from your stories that he was such a good man. And I love that your mom had her soulmate and calls him her "forever man". I hope I have that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tyra...I love you! I wish you would have known him too. My mom saw this comment and loved it. Thanks for making our days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awh. makes me miss him. He is a great guy! you are so blessed to have such a wonderful family :)love Rachel

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.