20.10.10

happiness overload

as i have mentioned before i LOVE getting something special in the mail.  it's so uplifting to get a little letter or card from a friend amongst the usual pile of bills and junk mail.  let me tell you....this week must be my lucky week because i've received a few wonderful things in the mail.  it all started with an adorable handmade invitation to a halloween dinner, a super cute post card, then two more wonderful things this evening. 
we walk to the mailbox in the cool rainy weather (which puts me in a good mood all on it's own) then we open the mailbox and i see something from my lovely friend jennifer
she sent me the sweetest customized card.  her words are thoughtful and the card is beautiful.  the card is a collage of my artwork plus she added pictures of will and i.  wow!  it was so wonderful and completely made my day.  thank you so much jennifer! i don't really know what else to say about it except i love it!
on top of all that we get this....

the package which holds hotel room information, tickets, and other special items for our upcoming vacation to disneyland (one of my most favorite places in the world).
we decided to plan this fun trip to celebrate our first fantastic year of marriage.  
i'm so excited about going because it will be our first time there together.  in fact za husband hasn't been since he was a kid.  i've been lots of times in my life because it was a place i went with my family since i was 4 years old.  which is definitely part of the reason i love it so much.  it holds millions of happy memories.  hooray!!!  pretty soon we will be celebrating our first year of magic at a very magical location!  i'm so excited about it that i've already started to have disneyland dreams at night.  amongst my hiding from a bear nightmare last night was a dream of being at disneyland.  i'm just silly like that. 
today has pretty much been happiness overload.  

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer is amazing! That is such a great gift, very thoughtful and she is super talented.
    The Magic Kingdom for Skye and Will the magical couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome! I meant every word, and I'm glad you like it! I wanted it to be special:)

    I'm super jealous that you are going to Disney Land! That is going to be such a wonderful way to celebrate your first year of marriage. Can you believe its been a year already?? Wow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am soooo excited for you to experience the wonder of Disneyland together for the first time!! YAY!!! When are you going? We are going in November for Christmas, but it happens to be on Matthew's birthday weekend. I am ECSTATIC! You and Will are going to have soooooooooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. muzza...of course you think we are magical :)

    jennifer...seriously i LOVE the card. you are amazing! i can't believe it's been a year at all. crazy!

    nichole....i know that you and i share the same kind of love of disneyland! that's something i've always remembered about you. how cool that you are going soon too....what if we go on the same days. i'll tell you the exact days in a message on facebook. wouldn't that be neat if we end up there at the same time? :) eeek i'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card!

    And I didn't know you guys decided to celebrate your anniversary there! How awesome. I told Jess that's what I wanted to do when the day comes for us to take a romantic trip sans babies! I never realized what a good "date" place it was until I was walking around in July without him, and missing him.

    Also, on our way in to our appointment today I glanced over right before we walked in and saw a couple of people walking. A few seconds later I realized the one further away from me might have been Will, but I'm still not sure. So if he saw us and we didn't even wave, tell him sorry, I'm a dork and didn't know it was him until a second later, if it WAS him at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brandi...yes....you and jess need to go there whenever you are able to have a romantic getaway!
    it probably was will that you saw but he didn't see you so no worries. he's usually walking around with a million things on his mind so he doesn't notice much around him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet card!!! i can't believe you have never been! you will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi melissa...i've been to disneyland billions of times with my family and friends but this will be my first trip with za husband. i'm thrilled about it because i know we are going to have a blast together. maybe we'll bump into you and jack :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.