28.10.10

50 is beautiful

my wonderful beautiful mom is 50 today!  i was so excited to visit her at work this morning and take her the presents she already knew about (slight detour)
a couple weeks ago my mom was in the art room at my house and i was in the kitchen.  i heard her ask what was in the closet to which i responded....you better stay out of there!  being the naughty person she is she opened the closet and found 2 of her 3 gifts just as i was running from the kitchen to stop her.  i'm used to antics like that from her.  she taught me to be the same way.  i drive za husband crazy because i always discover gifts before he can surprise me with them.
here she is opening the painting i made for her...
on each of the skeleton keys there are names.  my mom is all about her family and dogs so i added that little touch which she loved.  unfortunately i forgot my camera so i didn't get really good pictures of the details on the painting or of the rest of her stuff. 
my mom is such a loved lady and i understand why. 
a few people at work decorated her office all cute and there were homemade goodies, presents, and cards all over the place from so many of her friends. 
my mom is the most down-to-earth, loving, honest, person.  she is so giving and i think she deserves the world.  she is very magnetic...everyone wants to be her friend, and everyone gets to be her friend because she is nice to all.    she is funny because she says the things everyone else is thinking....who doesn't love someone that is real?  she has always been really motherly to my brother and i and now to za husband who she loves as if he were her own.  plus she is extremely motherly to her fur babies....this morning she said the dogs seemed to know it was her birthday.  they greeted her in an extra excited sort of way.  they love her so much and so do i and so does the rest of the world.  we could ask for a better muzza!  
tomorrow is the big party where friends and family will gather at our house and celebrate stacy!  i can't wait to be a part of honoring this very special lady.
i love you so much mom!  thank you for being the person you are!  happy birthday! 

4 comments:

  1. Skye Lee...that is quite the tribute and I feel honored, blessed, and loved. Thank you for all you and za husband did and are doing to make my 50th special. Love you more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Stacy! You guys are sweet. I hope my kids love me this much on my 50th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, i love that painting. stacy is very lucky! :) hope her bday was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the painting! What a wonderful tribute to your mom! Its so nice because chatting with you, I have started chatting with her and Brandi! I love meeting new people that I might not have met other wise. People that I may have missed out on other wise and even though my life was blessed before it has become even more enriched because I have met these wonderful people!
    Happy Birthday Stacy!
    Skye I love how you love your family! you are simply amazing:)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.