3.10.10

ninja time in vegas

yesterday was a lovely day of shopping in vegas and fun at the indoor go-kart raceway.  our main reason for the trip was to meet up with za husbands co-workers for the racing get together.  but of course i couldn't handle going to vegas without getting in a little shopping at some of my favorite stores.  unfortunately we got a much later start to the day then originally planned and since we had to be at the race track by a certain time it was the most rushed shopping experience.  i hate rushing when shopping but it was either making it happen fast or nothing at all.  even with the urgency i found a few great things for great prices so it was pure success.  i was hesitant to post pictures of my loot because i didn't want to seem braggy but i knew brandi wanted to see stuff and figured my mom would want to as well.  so here it goes...no bragging involved.
of course i swooned over every single item in anthropologie (because it is my most favorite store ever) but i only looked at sale items and managed to leave with these goodies from there...
                               my signature scent since our honeymoon, november of last year
the 6 latte bowls in front that i added to my collection
this cute top with mirrors
this cardigan/sweater

a slipdress with a skeleton key print
i totally freaked out at the skeleton key print.
then i found these pretty items at nordstrom rack for super cheap....
only other thing which isn't worth posting is a few items from MAC.  i got 4 of the same eyeshadow (one of my favorite shades) that i can only get at the pro store inside caesars palace then a free lipgloss that i picked out for recyling my old containers.  i'll probably give the lipgloss to my mom because i think the color will look better on her.  anyway that's the end of my stuff and now a sneak peek at racing...
i can't seem to go a day without doing a self portrait of us.
this is will zooming past on his kart.
this is the sock you have to wear under your helmet since the helmets are shared amongst all goers.  kind of gross.
i didn't end up racing...a decision i thoroughly regreted after arriving.  i wasn't sure what this racing place was like so i opted out of trying it and decided watching could be really fun.  once i got there and saw how fast that karts went and how it was like real life mario kart i was bummed at my decision.  they said i could sign up last minute but since one of the rules is closed toe shoes i didn't do it.  i didn't want to rent shoes because the thought grossed me out plus i wasn't dressed for racing.  we are for sure going back to that place and i am for sure going to be the champion.  it was really entertaining to watch and everyone in our group that raced seemed to have a blast. 
our friend lisa said i looked like a ninja when i tried the sock on for fun.
i'd have to agree. 
in the next post i'll share more about racing pics and maybe a video of it and the new friend i made.  oh and i'll share how i entertained myself on the drive to vegas.  i was cracking myself up.

4 comments:

  1. You DID find some good stuff! I wish I could make a trip to Vegas now, but I'm scared I'd go into labor halfway between here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes brandi maybe it's a good idea that you stay put for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look like a ninja but a ninja with gorgeous eyes...where did those eyes come from? Will looks like a rapist...sorry he just does. I am sooooo jealous of the cute clothes. Where is my lip gloss?

    ReplyDelete
  4. muzza....duh, the eyes came from you. i'll have to tell will what you said. i'm pretty sure he'll have something to say back to you :)
    the lip gloss is in my purse waiting to be delivered to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.