25.7.10

whichever way the wind blows us

we decided it was time to get out of town this weekend so off to flagstaff we went.
it was great that the entire trip was just left to what sounded good at the moment.  no big plans just spontaneous fun. 
first stop...the deer farm.  i had been before but za husband hadn't.  we enjoyed it even if the deer tried to maul us for the cups of food we were carrying.  my dress almost got eaten by the deer several times.  i had slobber/food marks on my dress for the rest of the day but no biggie.  finally after the deer exposed me to the world a few times will decided it was a good idea that i walk right in front of him so he could protect me from them.
 
sometimes goats like to have conversations like this.
will wanted to pet this peacock but i wouldn't allow it.  i could just see the peacock getting all violent on us.
i think pigs are so cute. 
toasting our cups of deer food.
this mini horse totally had a crush on za husband. 
i think my dress was being chewed on in this picture.
after the deer farm we made a few stops in flagstaff like michaels....the one planned place of the day.
i was in desperate need of some art supplies.
here's proof that we spent a pretty penny at that place. 
i kept getting nervous knowing as i threw each thing in the cart the balance was increasing but za husband being the amazing guy he is kept reassuring me that these items were necessities and i should get whatever i want or need.
that was a really fun shopping experience.
i drove most of the way home so will could enjoy his ice cream and have a break. 
usually he drives whenever we go anywhere and i'm playing with my phone or taking a billion pictures.  he thought it was pretty neat to be in charge of the camera and he snapped pictures most of the way home.  here is the proof....
yes, i wear glasses on ocassion.  probably should wear them more often but i'm a rebel so i usually just have them on when we see a movie or if i'm driving long distance.
 
the moon was coming up big, bright, and beautiful as we left flagstaff.
we had such a magical day together.  i can't wait to go on another adventure.  we were wondering why we don't do these sorts of things more often, so maybe it can be part of our routine from now on.

coming up next is a story about why i shouldn't be in charge of using the gps on my phone.

13 comments:

  1. What a fun trip. I love Flagstaff. Its so pretty there. My sister lives there. I'm aching to go to Sedona sometime too.
    The Deer farm is super fun! you got some great photos:)

    I can't wait to see the new creations with your new supplies:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo you have bangs now. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jennifer you'll be seeing one of my new creations soon. I'm working on a giant painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa....you noticed! I was wondering if anyone would notice. Will and I can't get over how much I look like my mom with bangs. That morning when i was doing my makeup I got adventurous with the scissors, like I frequently do. I had been considering the bangs for a while so I just went for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, and I actually thought the same thing. When I first glanced at the pics I almost thought it was Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. this just reminded me that i actually need to trim mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I noticed the bangs too. I also thought you look like your mom. They look so good, I can't believe you cut them yourself! I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i just got lucky brandi. i was a little nervous while chopping but luckily it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After seeing pics of your mom, yes you do look so much like her. Bangs are fun and a great way to change your style. I've got the side sweepers, but I think its time to grow em out. I'm getting bored with my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok.......when the heck was the last time I saw you??? And you totally didn't tell me you got bangs!! When did you??? And you do look like a lot more like your mom!! You both are two beautiful ladies!!! Love the pictures Will took!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bobbie...I just cut them myself on Saturday. You know how I sometimes do such silly things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best part of this day was when you came to see the babes. :) Brucie and her big fluffy fox tail was so happy to see you. Mask Mask loves za Russian!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i know i didn't even mention that part of the day but it was perfect as always to see the babes. they are so adorable and worth visiting....even the turkey.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.