18.7.10

turning lemons into lemonade & love

actually not really lemonade.....more like lemon poppy seed bread. 
i have been a lemon fanatic lately.  using lemon zest to spice up every vegetable i cook and using fresh lemon juice in every possible dish.  i'm blaming it on this girl right here......michaela.
she brought us the best lemon poppy seed bread when visiting last week.  ever since then i've been finding ways to incorporate lemons into everything and i've baked this bread twice. 
just ask my mom and za husband....they'll both agree that this bread is the best in the world.
while we are talking about michaela lets bring up a couple of very important things.  today is her birthday and in wishing her a happy birthday this morning i discovered that as of approximately 10 am today she is engaged to her love!!!  we are so excited for her and chris!  they make such an adorable couple....seriously perfect for each other.  when one of your bestest friends is serious with a guy it's important for you to approve of him.  i totally approve of chris, even if he does like to give me a hard time whenever i see him.  he'll say he teases the ones he loves.  he must really love me but i think he loves marcy even more because she gets it worse than me. 
here are the future mr. & mrs.
congratulations!!!

now back to lemons....
early this morning will's dumb pager went off and woke us up.  poor will had to get up and go to save the day at work real fast.  i however barely moved and kept snoozing.  when he came home he surprised me with my favorite energy drink on the nightstand
yep you guessed it.....lemonade flavored.

now back to the topic of love.......
when i finally stumbled out of bed i found him in the hot garage detailing the interior of my vehicle














that's love.
he's too good to me. 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU SKYE!!!! I love your blog and the lemon obsession... Blame it on those magical poppy seeds... Your blog makes me very happy. And so do you! Muah! Love you skizzle sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND I LOVE YOU MICHAELA!!! i'm so glad that my blog makes you happy. i'm even more glad that you and your prince charming are getting married! so exciting! i got engaged last july. now you this july. who's getting engaged next july??? marcy or tyra?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that sounds soooo good.
    i have the same obsession with citrus!
    hope you are well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! I'm happy to hear about Mikki!!! And your man takes such good care of you!!!! You lucky girl you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa you are a sweetheart. We are citrus queens. And I hope you are well too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie!!! I know....isn't that exciting!
    Yes, he takes great care of me...I am so lucky. So tonight I went to our mailbox and what did I find amongst bills and junk mail? Oh that's right...an awesome sweet postcard from you and Mia that made my evening. Thanks so much! I love you.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.