4.7.10

fire roasted m&m's

sometimes we like to cook for each other.  i'm usually the full fledged meal cooker and he might help out with making snacks or chopping the watermelon or vegetables[because knives and i don't get along].  there are a few things he's way better at than me though, one being....pancakes.  in fact my personal pancake chef is whipping up a batch for me as we speak. 
last night we went to the movies to see eclipse again {yes, i'm a fan}  we over indulged on junk food like you sometimes do when at the movies only to come home feeling hungry for real food.  it was pretty late at this point but i was asking za husband what he would like while we played a few games of rummikub before bed.  his answer.....fire roasted m&m's.  more junk food....awesome.  so i did what any good wife would do, i listened and before he knew it there was a bowl of warm m&m's in front of his face which i may or may not have helped him eat. 
a few days ago we went to the store to get all kinds of snacks for a small 4th of july party we are hosting at our place that will involve za muzza and za bruzza.  well now it looks like we need another bag of m&m's because those late night rummikub games have got us taking down almost an entire bag.  i warm the m's in the microwave for a few seconds hence the genius name i came up with of fire roasted m&m's which we laughed about for quite some time the other night.  now excuse me while i go prepare for our little party.  it'll be a fun one i'm sure because when we spent time with them last night we laughed so hard for a long time just like we always do with za family. 
i hope you all enjoy your festivities, whatever they may be!

[this is the result of za husband sneaking up on me with the camera and me saying no don't take my picture]

{this is me retaliating but he just gets silly}


[so i get silly right back]

p.s.  za husband was encouraging me to be creative this weekend, since i haven't really been feeling the artistic vibe lately.  here is what i came up with...
in case it's hard to tell what you are looking at due to the psychedelic patterns...it's a tree with a swing and our two hearts swinging through a cloudy night. 
(mixed media--paper, paint, canvas, metal, etc.)

6 comments:

  1. I love your picture. I am sad, though, that you are having your own bbq because I was REALLY hoping to see you at the Sena's. You guys are as unsociable as we are...haha! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! Yeah, we just are not social butterflies at all. Enjoy being social....haha! Happy 4th to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new artwork!!! Very different from what you usually do!! You are soo creative!! And I love the recent pictures you have put on your blog. They are soo much better than the one of your creepy vinageroon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bobbie!!! You would be very happy to know that we found a scorpion and a black widow yesterday but I didn't take pictures of either of them :)
    I liked the fun Walle and UP pictures you sent to me yesterday. I didn't get a chance to text back because everyone was being all competetive with our game playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the tree swing picture.....and I like the Ambien photos of you and Will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it the tree the swing and mostly the two hearts in the swing. Don't ya love being in love. Hold on tight it is a gift and not every one is blessed as the two of you are. I'm love that you have found the love of your life not just in words. love ya, deb

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.