7.7.10

letters from matthew & 8

i have a wonderful friend.  his name is matthew.  he literally has the mind of a child in a almost 32 year old body, and i love him for it.  he is innocent and sweet with the kindest heart.  he has a childlike sense of wonder that can't be matched.  the two of us have been friends ever since i met him about 14 years ago.  i don't see him as often as i used to even though we live in the same town.  i haven't seen him since my wedding actually but we write letters back and forth all of the time.
 when i open the mailbox and see a letter from matthew it instantly makes my day.  tonight i sent him a letter and just as soon as i dropped it in the outgoing slot  i opened the mailbox to find a letter from him.  i guess you could say we are on the same wavelength.  his letters are full of the most random information which usually has me laughing.  one time he drew and colored a picture of me as a movie star and told me that is what i am.  he even sent me a greyhound luggage tag complete with my name, the title movie star, and some address in hollywood.  he told me i was going to be moving to hollywood to make all my dreams come true.  i've never really had that dream but matthew had that dream for me and he meant it.  his letter today mentions that he is going to be moving to hollywood to become a movie star among other awesome things.  another favorite matthew line has to be from a letter when he was about to turn 30.....  "i will be 30 years young.....!"  i use that line now. 
most recently was... "on {certain date} i will be 32 years younger."  how cool that it went from young to younger.  now that i'm married he tends to include will in the letters.  this is my favorite line from the letter tonight....
"How is my pal Will that handsome double agent spy 007"
yes, matthew is the best!  i cherish his friendship and amazing letters.

one other thing....
today marks 8 months of marriage and we couldn't be happier about it!



7 comments:

  1. Matthew is a special soul who will always mean something to us. You look absolutely stunning in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. I hope more of his letters make blog appearances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'll definitely share more Matthew-isms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skye.....I'm glad you shared some of Mathew's letter. I love his letters!!!! And you definitely are beautiful enough to be a movie star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie you are too kind! Thank you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skye, I admire you for being the wonderful soul that your are and Matthew knows that and it is a special relationship that he has with you. i'm so proud of you and your wonderful ole soul. Your dad is looking down an smiling on his baby girl.
    love ya kid,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Matthew from School. He was in my 5th grade class at Hualapai Elementary. He was fun. Sometimes he got kicked out of class. But he was funny and did have some great things to say. I remember if you were in his path when he went by he'd poke you really hard with his finger. Nice to know he still keeps in touch and has such and awesome friend!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.