12.12.10

workaholic

(za husband helping me clean after our thanksgiving guests had left)
busy, overwhelming, exhausting....
those words sum up wednesday-today.  the office i work at moved to a new building.  this required a lot of planning and hard work on my part and za husbands.  so basically every night we both came home physically and mentally drained.  i was looking forward to the weekend so we could relax and get caught up on things around the house.  friday night we had a christmas party to attend.  our plan for saturday was sleeping in, doing something fun, and working on chores around the house.  little did we know that the world would basically blow up in the department za husband works for and he would end up working all weekend.  you see every 6 weeks or so he's on call.  he carries around this dreaded pager for a week at a time.  during that week we can count on not making fun plans and loosing some sleep.  it seems that no matter how tired i am if he gets called in to work i am wide awake until he gets home.  he had the pager over thanksgiving so we figured we were in the clear for a while.  if there ever was a weekend we were really looking forward to it was this one....for sanity and relaxations sake.  yesterday morning will gets a call that there are some serious computer problems at work and they need his help.  this was right as we were heading out the door to do a little shopping and catch a movie.  at that point he thought it should only be a few minutes to an hour until he would be done at work so i wait for him to call and tell me we can go ahead with our plans.  hours pass and every time he calls he thinks the problems are almost fixed but then it turns out they aren't.  hospitals rely on computers now more than ever for all aspects of patient care so if they go down it's a really big deal.  a whole group of people from his department have spent the better part of the weekend at the office....even during the night.  yesterday i was really being a baby about all this.  i kind of took my frustrations out on za husband for our fun plans going down the toilet even though i knew it was out of his control.  after thinking about it i felt bad for being irrational.  being the great husband he is he still took me out on a date late last night because he felt bad that i was waiting at home for him all day.  now i am feeling extra bad because guess where he has been all day.  that's right, work.  he basically never had a weekend.  sometimes i don't give him as much credit as i should.  he is a wonderful, dedicated, selfless, hard working guy and he's mine.  that makes me happy.   

5 comments:

  1. I feel for you Skye. Cullen managed to not have to go in until this afternoon, but he was kind of dying to be there helping the whole time anyway. He has to go in tomorrow at 7:30am so my plans of a restful week with the baby are kind of out the window. Aaaargh. Stinking computers.

    On the bright side, you are right, at least they are totally unselfish in all aspects of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I get upset when Jess has to work 10 minutes past 5. I guess I'm a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole....I know you know what I mean. And what is with them dying to go in to help? I think that's why i got so frustrated Saturday because I kept telling Will he didn't HAVE to go in but he's dedicated. I guess that isn't a bad thing except for when it works against me :). I hope they save the world soon so we can have our husbands back!

    Brandi...you are funny! Definitely don't have Jess work at the hospital because you will seriously be upset a lot. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard will has an awesome boss

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah he's alright. no actually he is really awesome especially since he reads the blog.
    p.s. i heard he has epic hair.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.