8.12.10

pocket skye

marcy is one of my very best friends.  it's one of those friendships that began in childhood and has carried on over the years.  before i married za husband, marcy and i were roommates.  you would have thought i gave her the most terrible news in the world when i told her i was getting married.  she was really happy for us, but extremely sad that it meant the two of us would no longer live under the same roof and have fun together all the time.  i must admit that i felt sad about closing that chapter in my life as well, but i was so excited for the new chapter that the change didn't seem so drastic to me.  to ease marcy's sadness i made her a special little gift.  a gift i named pocket skye (it is basically a laminated paper doll version of me.)  marcy promised that she would always keep it and she would send me pictures of her and pocket skye on adventures.  so much has happened in both of our lives since then.  not only do we no longer live in the same house, she lives in a different town now.  life got busy for both of us like it does for everyone and i never thought much about the gift i had given her until today... 
(here we are at my wedding)
marcy sent me a ray of sunshine when i received this text from her earlier....
"pocket skye and i in sedona"

i sure do miss that girl!  at least we are together in a way all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Pocket Skye. That's awesome. It reminds me of the "Lil Nie" doll she sent with people on vacations all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny Pocket Skye! I love it:) I also love my cute new little picture! Its so cute and amazing. Thanks so much for the lift up, I needed it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brandi....that's right...i remember reading about the lil nie doll and loving that entire idea.

    jennifer...thank YOU for your support in my artistic endeavors. i'm so glad it gave you the lift you needed

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.