13.12.10

the calico organization

                                                     
notice our mini potted christmas tree. 
that's as good as it got this year.  maybe next year we will have something more grand. 
the good thing about having that little potted tree is hopefully it will result in a giant tree that will live in our yard someday.
all of the sudden, last night, i was in a christmas type of mood.  i played music, wrapped presents, and started to get really excited.
it all just hit me at once and i loved it. 
tonight i got home from work and saw a package at the door.  i was hoping it was stuff i ordered for za husband.  no such luck.  in place of his stuff was a note from ups saying i missed them.  anyway i took the box inside and tried to avoid reading the label since it was addressed to will.  then it was as if my eyes had magnets in them and the label had a magnet in it and we clicked together.  i looked for a second then looked away.  all i could make out was tco.  i couldn't imagine what tco stood for.  i went about my business and forgot about the package.  za husband got home and opened it, then next thing i know there is a little blue box amongst our present pile.  i skipped around the house laughing and smiling.  he tried to tell me that it's not what i think it is and it's not from the place i think it's from.  then i ask him to look me in the eye and tell me it's not from the place i think it's from.  which results in him not being able to keep a straight face.  i'm pretty sure i know what tco stands for now but he insists it stands for the calico organization.  no way....i know better than that.  i love that we keep looking at that present and laughing.    
i didn't think i was capable of getting that little.kid.giddy.can't.wait.until.christmas.feeling anymore but i am.
what's better though? 
getting a gift or giving one?
because i have been terribly excited to give za husband his stuff and my mom her stuff. 
in fact i almost gave my mom one of her presents yesterday because i was so thrilled and could barely contain myself.
here's hoping that i can wait until 12/25 to give gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Haha.

    I'm actually really good about NOT trying to figure out my presents, but I can NOT keep my gifts for other people secret. So I have to shop like the day before so it's not too much time for me to have to keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahh oh I'm the worst at that. I blurt out what I bought to family and friends any chance I get ahah! I'll need to stay away for the next couple weeks :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.