1.6.10

naughty nautical

i've been a huge fan of all things nautical for quite some time.
you should have seen my excitement when MAC came out
with a nautical inspired bunch of makeup a summer or two ago.
i probably spent way more than i should have when that line
of sea-ish makeup came out.....then again i've done that
more than once or twice or three times at that place.
i enjoy sea inspired stuff so much that a couple years ago
i swore i would name my first daughter a very nautical name. 
probably won't now because i have an even better name
in mind [side note: for those of you that know either of those
names please keep them top secret.  don't mention them on
here because then they might become all popular considering i have
so many readers :) haha!  but seriously top secret because
you know i'm a fan of not so common names]
anyway i was intending to get somewhere with all this nautical
nonsense and here i am.....



















i've had a pirate ship painting idea in my head for a long time.
i finally walked the plank tonight.

4 comments:

  1. And.........what a wonderful plank that is. This is one of my favorite paintings (except for the ones of the babes). Your dad was a Navy man in the Sea Bee battalion and I sure he influenced you. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a sea horse and I wanted to own a bunch of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, and as always, I love your picture!!! Your mom is funny!!!! She wanted to be a seahorse?!?! I love it!!! I've always thought seahorses were kinda cute. Did you know that the dad seahorse carries around the baby(s)? I learned that from Freinds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom....as you now know when i first read your comment i couldn't stop laughing....something about wanting to be a seahorse and wanting to own a bunch of them. cracks me up but i'm pretty sure i had similar daydreams as a child.

    thanks lisa!!

    bobbie your comment made me laugh too....i had heard that but i don't think i learned it from friends. who knew friends was so educational??? :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.