19.6.10

monsters DO exist


you wanna know how i know this? ok easy.
za husband went out to the garage.  i was having breakfast.  he yells for me to come look at something.
i go out to the garage and this is what i see....

huge and dreadful and positively disgusting.
i tried to get za husband to put his hand up next to it just to prove how big it was but he wouldn't.
i don't blame him.
when i was living with this best pal
marcy,
we had a situation with one of these beasts. 
we were out in the garage trying to figure out what was wrong with the hot water heater when all of the sudden she felt something in her shirt.  we screamed and jumped and out came the same nasty critter.  pretty much the same huge size too.  from that day forward marcy and i refer to those monsters as lobsters.
marcy had a lobster in her shirt.  haha. not really funny but kinda.
we can laugh about it now.

7 comments:

  1. Those are THE WORST!! When my mom was a kid they were swimming in their little pool at night. She got out to come in the house and wrapped a towel around herself. She felt something fuzzy with her fingers, and was kind of stroking it as she walked, thinking it was part of the towel. But after she got into the light and finally looked down, she realized she'd been petting one of those horrible things. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye!!!!!!! I don't like going on your blog with this scary picture!!! Mia said that it's disgusting too!!! I think you should take that picture off!!! But I guess I'm just being a big wiennie!! Anyways I love your artwork and Gramps loves the picture you did for him!! Also, Gram still can't get over how you come up with all of these amazing pieces of artwork!! You are soo talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi...that is a horrible story but slightly funny. How traumatizing! I hope i never happen to pet one or have one in my shirt. I'd be happy to never see one again.

    Bobbie...Sorry for grossing you guys out. It is disgusting, I guess i just wanted to be shocking. Thanks for continuing to trust my artistic abilities. I'm glad the painting was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, what are those things?! I don't think I've seen one in Phx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i hear different terms for them but most commonly vinegaroons....not sure about how to spell or what the true name is. i've also heard sun spiders. our last house seemed to have tons of them. so far this is the first one i've seen here but i don't want to jinx myself. my mom gets them at her house too. nasty right???

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah... oh ok, yeah i've heard of those. thank goodness i've never seen one, i think i'd cry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smashed him with za shovel. Ugly monster is no match for crazy russian with yard tools.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.