10.6.10

summertime

dear summertime,
i regret to inform you i'm not your biggest fan.  i may have been your biggest fan when my days consisted of a break from school, swimming all day like a fish, and eating lots of popsicles.  now i'm over you before you've really even begun and i'm just dreading the months ahead.
reason #1 the heat is not enjoyable when you can't escape from it by being in a pool all day.  i don't enjoy sweating the moment i step outside.
reason #2 the heat invites bugs and spiders to play.  i can handle a few bugs even if i don't enjoy them but spiders, no thanks.  since it has warmed up the spiders have been making a guest appearance almost daily in our house.  one night i was sitting on the floor and a spider decided it was a good idea to crawl across my leg.  not a good idea at all.  then another night as i was sitting here at the computer i felt something crawl across my foot but never did find it.  pretty sure it was a spider.  now i'm a paranoid maniac constantly looking for the spiders and afraid to sit at the computer with my feet touching the floor.
reason #3 rattlesnakes love this weather. i was just informed today by a neighbor that there was a rattlesnake down the road from us.
so dear summertime please pass swiftly.  i beg of you. 
that way i can enjoy my favorite season (fall) and then enjoy the other seasons that don't haunt me with menacing creatures and hot days.
sincerely,
the creepy crawler heat hater
all i have to say is thank goodness for air conditioners, bug spray, and beautiful sunsets.

 

4 comments:

  1. I just used bug spray on a gigantic hairy dude and a gigantic vinegaroon! I have the chills! I despise the summer and so do the babes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way!!!!!! By the way my boys' friend who lives around the corner from you guys said that he has found some trantulas around his house in the summer time. :( Just thought I'd warn you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mom...i feel for you...i don't miss the hairy dudes at all!!

    bobbie...i figured this would be a major tarantula zone since it's away from everything out in the middle of the desert. plus a neighbor already mentioned having one in his yard. disgusting....maybe bella will keep them away. she is quite the hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Za bugs make me crazy.... I MUST SMASH THEM ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.