21.6.10

skeletons

i am in l♥ve.....















with this magical new skeleton key collection.  i've always found them fascinating.  this weekend we visited an antique shop i hadn't been to before.  that is where i found these babies.  the antique shop i frequent never has them but i hit the jackpot with this new place. 
the giant key is an old jail cell key.  they had several other giant ones but they were pretty pricey so i got 1 and i'll eventually go back for more.  i have several more of the average size keys coming to me this week and i've decided on the perfect home decor idea for them........well at least i think it's perfect.
i'll share my decor idea as soon as i have more skeletons to add to the collection.   

8 comments:

  1. YET ANOTHER thing we have in common. I love them too. My aunt game me one when I was little and I treasured it. I never find them in the antique shops either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are like soul mate friends :)
    my grandparents house downtown still uses a skeleton key. coolest thing ever. i could let you in on my little key shopping secret via email if you'd like....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, please do. Don't worry, I can't spend much money right now, so I won't be buying up all the keys. Ha.

    Their house still uses them?! That IS the coolest thing ever. Okay, PLEASE email me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old keys! I remember Gramps had a bunch of them and he let me take some and I put them on chains for necklaces... and then look, Tiffany's started doing it, lol: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Category.aspx?cid=573050

    And I found this Etsy shop that uses them as earrings: http://www.etsy.com/listing/38002237/daddys-vintage-keys-dangle-earrings-6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember how excited you were when Gramps gave those to you. You must have started the necklace trend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see what creative thing you do with the keys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old keys too and can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so neat. Funny to think at one point they were someone's garbage and now people are seeking them for Decor. I don't think they will ever get old!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.