6.6.10

the joy of cleaning and other stuff


i have moments where i feel incredibly blessed and loved.....

when i mopped all the tile in my house(and there is lots of it), dusted all the surfaces, made fresh vacuum lines in the carpet, spruced up the bathrooms, and picked up all the messes we made during our busy week.
cleaning isn't neccesarily the funnest thing to do with my free time but when i tidy this place up it reminds me of the unpleasant journey we had prior to getting this house.  after the months of uncertainty while all was out of our control i can't think of a more joyous activity than scrubbing up the very place that we now call home.  the place that is ours.  the place we love.

when at the end of a weekend we open our love box.  some of the notes have a made up little song about something that occured during the week.  some of the notes are incredibly sweet and sincere.  some notes have me laughing really hard especially if they include a drawing by Will.  it's just one way we can make each others day and i love it.


i have moments where i feel overjoyed to have a brave husband....

when we go to take care of the kitty we are watching for the weekend.  it was hands down the crankiest kitty i have ever met, but to know we were helping out the owners while they were far away was nice.  they are new to town and don't know many people in fact we don't know them really well, but they trusted us with their most precious friend and thought that we could do a great job even if we were being hissed at the entire time. i was not brave enough to cross paths with this ferocious house cat that seemed more like a cougar than a loving indoor pet. luckily i have a very brave husband who was able to walk past the mean kitty while she was trying to fight him so he could take care of her basic needs.  i supervised from the corner.
i have moments where i feel really happy.....

when i cook up a fancy little meal with za husband.  we splurged on a grill this weekend and all the fixings we would need for a delicious meal.  a meal that would be a little more time consuming to prepare.  something special we aren't always able to do during the week.  it was quite the feast and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  it is so nice to have entire days together on the weekend, to do fun stuff like that or go to a car show together in the hot rod.  it may not be my most favorite thing to do {mainly when it's hot out} but i know Will enjoys it so i enjoy spending that time with him.




















when i watch Will hang things on the walls with perfect precision.  something i'm not great at and something i'm glad he takes time to do.  after painting these frames and deciding where they should go za husband granted my wish by hanging them up.  i imagine this is just the beginning of quite the frame collection.
















i can hardly wait for another weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Skye.....I loved this post!!! Although we all get cranky and irritated about having to clean our houses and what not we really should be thankful that we do infact have someplace to clean!!!! :) And the kitty part was funny!!! I'll have to share that with Bryce and Mia!! But come on, was the kitty really that bad?!?!? :) Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats can seriously be SO scary. You should have seen some of them at the animal hospital. They could do crazy acrobatic moves to get loose when you were holding them. And the time I got a bad cat bite was NOT fun. It hurt so bad, and then of course got infected and was throbbing so hard I couldn't hold my hand down at my side for like 2 days because it hurt so bad, until the antibiotics started helping. Luckily most of them are much sweeter than that.

    This has inspired me to clean today!

    And I love your frame wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie yes I swear....the kitty was really that bad. I was truly afraid. First time in my life that I've ever met such a cranky kitty. Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi....I've heard kitty bites are no joke. I'm so happy that situation didn't escalate into a bite.
    I'm glad I could inspire you to clean.
    I have been wanting a mismatched frame wall for quite some time. It was good to make that dream a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I forgot to remind you......but I still want to commission you to make us a box. I want to try that with my little family. I know Mia will love it. But I'm not sure the boys will be too excited about it. But it will be good for them to express their feelings. Dontcha think?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I think it's a good idea Bobbie.....the more love in the world the better. I'll work on it.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.