7.12.09

raining inside

Today was interesting.  I was reluctant about going back to work after missing the greater part of last week.  Preparing for the worst but actually had a feeling inside that it would be a good day.  About thirty minutes after I got to work these appeared on my desk.....



I instantly noticed that the card said Happy Anniversary at the top.  I was confused for a little bit because it wasn't any kind of anniversary as far as I knew.  I just got married a month ago.  Oh...wait....it's the 7th.  So it was exactly 1 month ago that we got married.  How cute is Will?  He made my day.  He wrote a sappy little love note which melted my heart and kept me smiling all day. 
I called him right away to let him know how much I loved his thoughtful gesture.

It was a blustery day.  The cold wind blew like crazy and rain drizzled from the clouds without an end in sight.  Some people find this kind of weather to be depressing but I enjoy it.  However as I have learned on several occasions in my life rain can sometimes make for a challenging situation. 
Today it did just that.  I work in an old building.  In fact my mom worked in the same building when I was 5 and I know it existed before I was even born.  So yes the building is as ancient as me and then some.  It is prone to leaking.  Typically nothing terrible, just enough dripping to warrant a few trash cans scattered about to catch the water when we have a really intense rainstorm.  The rain was soft but steady today and by about 2 this afternoon the roof let us know that it wasn't happy.  One of the girls I work with comes running back to my office to warn me that we have a huge problem.  I go to the front desk to find several collapsed ceiling tiles and puddles of water with more streaming in from above at a steady pace.  The ceiling basically burst without much warning.  The computer, phones, etc. got a nice soaking.
 

What did I do when I saw this? 
Well after quickly moving and unplugging things I laughed.  I couldn't help it.  Our little weather disaster definitely put a wrench in how we were able to function for the rest of the day but it was funny to me.




We had to take down all of our wonderful Christmas decorations and move the tree in a hurry since the rain was about to destroy all of it.  The upside is now I get to enjoy the tree every minute of each day since it's stuffed in my tiny office with me.  Hooray!  I spent the remainder of the afternoon admiring the tree and listening to Christmas music. 




I wonder how the office might appear tomorrow morning since the rain hasn't let up yet?
I'm anticipating another adventure.



2 comments:

  1. I love gray and stormy days too. They make me feel happy. That's sweet of Will to send you flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will is a loving russian. :)
    The weather is lovely and we need the moisture......even if your mother got stuck on the hill in the snow.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.