12.12.09

observations

While cleaning the house today I made a few observations and took notes. 
The kitchen is a happy room.  I have discovered a bit of a passion for cooking and now I know why my times spent in there feels so bright and sunshiney.

Behold.....


The cheerful little items right above the sink.  All of which have a story and significance.



My growing collection of latte bowls {you will certainly understand this one Brandi}



My jars of trinkets stored in containers I recently snagged from my Grandmother.  I saw those containers and although they were broken in various spots I realized they had some potential.  Will and I both had a collection of rocks and seashells we've gathered over the years from many of our adventures before we knew each other.  They were those things I always loved but never knew how to display without a mess.  They were stuffed away in a closet so I combined our little gems and I'm quite happy with the outcome.  The marbles are just the perfect punch of color.  I've had a thing for marbles since I was a young pup.  Bobbie can confirm that......[the marble race track at Gram and Gramps].



The refrigerator covered with little kid art and fun magnets.
Mia has contributed to the beauty of the refrigerator quite a bit.  Kaleigh has helped a little too.
I absolutely LOVE little kid drawings.  I have one of my very own masterpieces from many moons ago framed and hung in our house.  My favorite part is when I ask Mia what a certain drawing is.  I might already know but her explanation of "an owl hatching from an egg while it's snowing and the sun is shining" is so perfect to hear right out of her mouth.  It makes me laugh and smile a bunch.  I am excited for the day that I have my own children so they can help me decorate the house.  Little ones are the best interior decorators in my opinion.



On a slightly different note I also discoverd that our Wall-E and Eve cake toppers do much more than sit there and look cute.  They make excellent wedding ring holders.



 






6 comments:

  1. Oh yes I understand. :) I only have about 5 of the mini ones, but OH how I want 100 more. Next time I'm there it's go time. But I'm almost out of room for the big ones. Not that that will stop me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovve, love, love the ring holders. I know why the kitchen is happy for you.........the same reason you covet awesome bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious Brandi...what do you mainly use the mini ones for? I've come up with a few good uses. They are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I was nervous to let the kids use them, but I realized they're good for cereal and ice cream for Paige, because it's the perfect amount. But I've also used them a few times for ingredients when I'm cooking or baking. What do you do with them? I love your ring holders too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. marble race track! :D

    -lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandi...I use the little ones mainly for yogurt or other little snacks. Sometimes if I'm wanting ice cream I'll go with the little tiny bowls in hopes that I don't over indulge but there are times I'll go back for a second scoop.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.