27.12.09

games




The grand plan for the last week or so was that after Will got done with work on Christmas we would go with my mom and Brandon to Laughlin.  We were going to have a nice dinner and then go see a movie.  Kind of like what me, my mom. and brother did last Christmas.  However, we discovered at the last minute that Will would be on call all weekend.  Rather than risk being paged a million times and having to split up we opted to stay home and have a game night.  Good thing because he did end up having to go into work. 
My mom baked the best cookies ever.



We ate lots of cookies and other junk like doughnuts

The excessive sugar made us all a little loopy, especially Brandon.
He kept us laughing all night with his dancing and skipping and cranium sculptures.

When we got the game all set up we realized the clay that comes with it was all dried out.  There wasn't any other substance in the house we could make do with so Brandon set out to fix the dried up purple blob.  He added water to it.  He put it in the microwave.  He added lotion to it.  We laughed while watching all of his attempts to fix it and talked about how much Lisa would be laughing if she were witnessing the nonsense.  After all that we were able to use it but it wasn't working quite right so all of the evenings sculptures were ridiculous.

We also played Rummikub.  One of my favorite games [because i'm pretty good at it]





The grandmother came by for a visit.

It was such a fun night.  I'm glad we didn't end up going to dinner and a movie because I bet it wouldn't have ever been as much fun.
I love my crazy family and I love that the newest member fits in perfectly!

How about a repeat next weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Ok, the first thing is I rocked Rummikub! I can't believe you put the cookie/nipple pictures on here. :)
    Lisa needs to come play with us.
    I had so much fun with you guys..Will fits right in with us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there! Raph and I need to come up for a visit :)

    And I finally figured out how to post under my name! Geez, took me long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are definitely 2 of a kind. I just noticed your swans in the kitchen, in that picture with your Grama. Swans are my FAVORITE. IN FACT, I am finishing up a swan painting this very evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We might as well just be in a pod Brandi....since we are like two peas.
    I'm painting tonight too. You better post yours so I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed you replied here, sorry. I'll go add my swans for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is so cute, I hope my kids want me around for fun nights like this when they're all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well since you and your family remind me so much of mine and you are an awesome mom just like my mom I bet your kids will want you around for fun nights always!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.