22.12.09

i know i know......

.....i've been neglecting my blog for a few days and you've all missed me so much. 
I feel slightly overwhelmed about updating now since lots has happened and I have many cute pictures.  I've been the queen of art lately so all of my extra time goes there.  I was asked to make a few things for people that were interested in buying them to give as Christmas presents then I have been working on projects for people I love like Will and stuff.  Yesterday I took the day off work and finally finished the huge painting that is Will's Christmas present.  It is so cool.  I'd love to post pictures but since Will reads this it is going to have to wait until after Christmas.  My mom talked about stealing Will's present but I didn't let her besides if I can stay up until midnight a few more nights I'll have a wonderful painting that can be all hers.  Here is one of the pieces I sold today.  The person requested 2 hummingbirds in love and this is what I came up with. 



***************************************************************

Last night I hosted my first dinner party.  We dined on my famous vegetable soup, french bread, and brownies.  The dinner was in honor of this lovely lady celebrating her birthday....


Her name is Gina a.k.a Gigi
Sadly I don't have any pictures from last night as I was too busy being a hostess.  This is a picture from a recent Christmas party.  Gigi has adopted me.  She calls me her grandaughter and I'm happy to be that.  Gigi is a very wonderful, sweet, fiesty, glittery lady that I love.  She and her husband Earl along with my husband, mom and brother partied at our house last night.  We laughed like crazy and completely enjoyed each others company.  Happy Birthday Gigi!


*******************************************************************
After church on Sunday a group of us met to go hiking on our usual trail in the mountains.  I figured there would be snow but didn't quite expect so much.  It was lots of fun hiking/playing in the snow with Will, Muzza, Brandon, Amerest, Xyler, Cydney, and Tanis.  Here are the pictures to prove it....



















And these favorites of mine with Will carrying the backpack of shame.  He wasn't about to have this Hello Kitty backpack on him before we got up past the groups of random people.



***********************************************************************

Saturday was the first day it really felt like Christmas time for me.  Will and I agreed that this year we weren't buying any presents since we are in the process of buying a house.  However we couldn't resist getting a few things for each other and we are both making stuff for each other too.  Saturday we decorated stockings and wrapped gifts and worked on projects.  It was one of the funnest days I've had lately.  I'll have pictures of all the Christmas goodies soon.

********************************************************************************

Weekend before last we went to the annual party hosted by Dr. Jackson.  Here he is....


with the cover of his book he's worked on for ages that is being published.  What a cool dream come true.  I feel so excited for him.  Hopefully I'll be the next one posing with a book I wrote that is being published.


We got a little fancy because that's just what we do.



These two love each other.



Will made me super happy by handing me a piece of buttered bread with a little note on it.

These are the rest of the lovely pictures from that night....



the end......for now.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blog, gorgeous pictures, and gorgeous art, and gorgeous people. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.