28.12.09

the famous love box

I think way too often in life we hear, see, or focus on the bad things.  I also think that I tend to take the people who I love the most for granted at times.  Come on.....you know I'm not the only one who is guilty of that.  I am a firm believer that it's the little things that make a difference.  Since I believe that I made a this lovely little box to prove it....



The purpose of this box is for Will and I to let each other know about the little things that we do which make a difference.  I keep a pen and paper near the box and then whenever he or I feel the need we write a little note to each other and put it in the box which we open every Sunday.  It's a way to start the new week out right by feeling loved and appreciated and knowing that we make a difference.  Sometimes the notes we leave each other are small or silly.  Will might thank me for keeping his belly full of good food.  I might thank him for taking the trash out.  Then there are those times it goes to a deeper level like when I thank Will for all of his love and support and the fun times we share with my family.  Or he might thank me for a love note I stash in his work clothes or for understanding him so much.  It's the highlight of our day to open that box and read the special notes.
We are even lucky enough to have guests leave a love note on occasion.  Mia has been known to draw a few pictures that she puts in there.  My mom has left great notes for both of us. 
I think the whole world needs a love box because it truly is the little things that matter.

6 comments:

  1. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats the nicest idea ever! I think its perfect actually. I think I might steal your idea, hope you dont mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love your love box! What a good idea, can I copy it?????? Yes, please be a guest on Barbbakes. Make something magical and yummy and take a pic then send me the recipe. Your the best! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww. what an adorable idea. almost sickeningly so, lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille and Barb....yes you can copy it. That's why I blogged about it.

    Lisa.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I've had a SIMILAR thing waiting around for me to fix up all pretty. Last Valentine's Day I bought a little mini mailbox for us to stick love notes in. But it's bright red and white, and clearly a VALENTINE'S DAY THING. So I was planning to paint or decoupage it, and seeing this post motivated me to finally do it! I'll put a pic on the blog tonight just for you!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.