29.12.09

journey through the button sea


Well this post was mainly going to be about the art I made last night and other random tidbits but it has evolved into an embarrassing moment and funny story.  Will was standing here in the office talking to me as I was being a hot shot doing spinning/tipping tricks in the office chair.  Well as I was tipping back I lost my balance and began to fall.  The talking between us ceases as I manage to balance on a couple wheels for a second and then CRASH!  I banged up my hip and arm but luckily didn't hit my head on the desk or wall like I could have.  Between whining about the pain I was laughing. Once Will figured out I wasn't injured he laughed too.  He said he'll never get tired of dorky moves like that from me.  Good thing because I've been rather clumsy lately.  I'm still laughing thinking of how ridiculous that just looked.  I wish Will would have grabbed the camera and took a few silly pictures of me and the chair tangled up on the floor so you could all laugh with me.

In other news here is the lovely piece I made last night.  I've had the idea of doing some kind of cartoonish whale in my head for a while.  Last night I turned that idea into this.....

The objects around my whale friend are buttons that I found at a thrift store.  I really like buttons.  They are neat little treasures.  It fascinates me to think about what article of clothing they were once a part of and how many years ago that was.  What was life like then? etc. etc.  My strange little mind goes on and on.

Here's another interesting thing that just happened.  Will comes from the kitchen telling me that he just remembered another one of my Christmas presents that he forgot to wrap.  HAHAHA!  He's the dork of the evening.  He reaches into the closet and pulls out this fancy toaster.....



Some of you might be thinking....a toaster....that's lame.  But if you knew how much I've complained about our current toaster you'd understand.  He is funny.  Funny for getting me a better toaster and funny for randomly remembering something that he should have dealt with days ago. 
This is just a really funny night.

8 comments:

  1. I find out more things about your life on your blog. Who gets the amazing whale? Are you sure Will didn't got out and buy that toaster yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute whale. And nice toaster you got there. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whale!!! If I ever have a kid, I think it'd be adorable to decorate their room with your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your whale in the sea of buttons just might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, that pirate ship ornament was on sale for like 8 bucks when I ordered it online! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your wonderful compliments. Lisa.....I love what you said. It made me smile all day.
    Brandi...guess how sad I was when I went to look online the other night and the pirate ships were gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNOW!! Right when I wrote that I went to check, and saw they were gone too. But I have plans to try and make some similar. If I succeed, you will definitely receive one! Also, I'm going to Phoenix next Saturday for my haircut and will of course stop in. If they still have one I could grab it for you if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so crafty....that's cool you are going to make similar ones. If you see one when you go to Phoenix please do grab and I'll hook you up with money. That would be awesome! I know chances are they won't have anymore but it's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.