2.12.09

monsters in my throat


My week started with a bit of a sore throat. I went to the health food store and loaded up on all kinds of remedies to attempt slowing/stopping the illness....but unfortunately the monsters won.


*photo courtesy of Mia

Last night I felt so fragile.  My body ached and I cried.  Instead of sleeping I had thoughts racing through my head like what if I have the swine flu and I end up dying.  Yes.....I get pretty dramatic when I'm sick.  I wanted my mom.  She was always the best nurse ever when I was sick.  I don't like growing up for that reason.  I told Will he has some pretty big shoes to fill.  He did go get me a spoonful of honey when I was whining about my throat at 1am so I think he'll take on the nurse roll rather well with time.

Here are the good things about having monsters in my throat.....




Snuggles, massages, and kind words from Mia 



and taking close up pictures of Will as he naps on the couch with me. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are sick! I have been battling the monters in my throat too. :( hopey you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way.. I just read your whole blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man. I'm sorry you're sick. I hope it doesn't last. Our last one was only bad for ONE day, and then we were okay. I hope that's what happened to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately the monsters decided to venture to my lungs and I'll be missing out on the Snowflake Ball (fancy hospital party) in Laughlin tomorrow. Will and I have been planning to attend it for months. Oh well...at least we can share a lazy snuggle weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Will, but he will never fill my shoes as the nurturing mommy.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.