24.11.10

wet nails

my mom stops by the house to bring me a few last minute needed items for our feast tomorrow.  she then tells us we are going to be meeting up with family for dinner that is driving in from california.  i decided i had enough time to paint my nails before meeting with the fam, so i enlist the help of my mom to pick the perfect color.  just as i finish the last few strokes of deep burgundy we get the call that our family is in town and ready to meet up.  awesome....how do i get dressed and put on shoes and fluff my hair with wet nails?  lets just say it's a good thing za husband and muzza were here to assist me.  i made it out the door in record time all fluffed and zipped with just 2 nails that need a little repair work. 
i didn't remember to take pictures at dinner but i did have my mom snap a few as we walked to the car.  i'm sure major family pictures will happen within the next few days.  hooray for thanksgiving time and the trillion other things i am thankful for!  i hope these next few days are magical for all of you.   

3 comments:

  1. thank you for the sweet comment. i lost my dad on nov 14th, 2007. you said the 13th? well, i really appreciate that you like to read them and hopefully they make you feel a little less alone on that subject :) thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom is so sweet!
    cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for your wonderful Mama and husband. I love this post : ) what a beautiful blog you have Skye. Your name is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.