28.9.10

grocery shopping excitement

i wish i had my very own pumpkin patch....i really do.
maybe my pumpkin love gets old but for some reason i can't stop sharing.  it was the highlight of my night to find these small white ones at the store this evening. 
i tried to grow pumpkins once a few years ago.  all of these green leaves and vines started to sprout out of the giant pot i put those little seeds in and i was thrilled that one day i'd be harvesting big orange balls of love.  unfortunately there was some sort of catastrophe and they died.  i never tried to grow them again but i think i just might. 
on another note za husband and i got insanely excited to see honeycrisp apples at the store tonight.   
we might have done a happy dance in the produce section and maybe just maybe we came home with close to 15 apples.  if you haven't had the honeycrisp variety before try them and i promise you won't be sorry.  it just might change your life in a great way!

7 comments:

  1. We just bought a bunch of the little white ones at Safeway tonight too, on our way home from our date. :) I also bought pumpkin seeds a while back to plant myself a patch, but in my pregnancy laziness I waited too long to plant them. :( Next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured you would be getting some of these little babies too Brandi :) Pretty soon we will have our own magic pumpkin patches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want white pumpkins! we finally bought some mini pumpkins to decorate the house with over the weekend. i love them. plus pumpkin might just be one of my favorite words. you can't say it without smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honeycrisp apples? I've never heard of them! Gramps said that he's never heard of them either!! So what color are they? They actually sound really good!!!! You really might change my life!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lisa....go searching for white pumpkins...they are delightful! maybe that's why i'm so in love with them....it's just the word pumpkin :)

    bobbie....honeycrisps are a mix between red and green in color. they seem extra round to me. change your life in a great way and get some please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a pumpkin plant outside. But I can not get it to produce any pumpkins. It is one the kids planted and I was sooooo excited when it sprouted. I had no idea what it even was though. They had planted all sorts of things at the same time. So I was excited when I saw the first tiny pumpkin on this plant. Then I touched it and it fell off:( ha..But it just does not hold on to the pumpkins for what ever reason..The kids are super excited about it. I may have to plant a few store bought ones out there to complete the feeling for them. One day no pumpkins, the next big oranges ones. Maybe they won't notice:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. jennifer...i love your pumpkin story! how sad that the tiny pumpkin fell off. i think that's a great idea to buy pumpkins so your kids can think they grew on there. maybe next year it will produce pumpkins....i hope!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.