4.9.10

a brunch

this is my lovely friend brandi.....
she's adding a new angel baby to her family soon so today i attended a baby brunch to celebrate that upcoming occasion.
the brunch was really fun because i got to spend time not only with brandi but her sister tyra who has been a wonderful friend of mine for quite some time.  it was fun to see them and also see their grandma who i've become friends with over the years as well.  tyra and i used to spend lots of time over at her grama's house and it brought back all of those fun memories being there today and talking with all of them. 
i forgot to take very many pictures but i did manage to get this one of tyra and i.
my intention was to get a picture with brandi as well, but it slipped my mind during all of our fun conversation.

one night i was on the internet browsing a few favorite stores and i stumbled upon the perfect gift for brandi.  it was one of those things that i had to get for her, even if i didn't know when i'd give her the gift, because it was just perfect.  then i remembered her party and decided i could give it to her as a mama gift along with something for the new bundle of joy.  so i did just that.  i also got a couple gifts of my own at this party...
*the gift of spending time with great friends and other good company.
and
*something brandi randomly got for me because she thought of me when she saw it and knew i would love it.
 
and i do love this awesome houndstooth blanket. 
it's one of my favorite patterns and brandi knew that.
i was so excited.  i think it's pretty cool too that we both had that.......this would be perfect for (brandi/skye) moment at the basically the same time. 

p.s. brandi, could you please hurry and have that baby so i can know what you having (can't believe you waited to find out.  it's neat that it'll be a surprise but the suspense is killing me.)
and so i can hold that little ball of magic. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks SO much for coming and for the perfect gifts. The baby clothes are so cute, and I LOOOOVE my snail measuring cups. Jess was very impressed by your gift giving skills. :)

    I'm so glad you like the blanket and didn't already have it. Sorry it's not chilly enough to put it to use yet. :( Soon, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed this...Brandi looks adorable and it looks like my kind of party...low key and mellow with amazing friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi...I'm glad you love them I had a feeling you would!
    Confession about the blanket.....even though it was too hot to cuddle with it last night, I pushed the other blankets aside to use it. Also, on our trip to Flagstaff I snuggled up for a nap in the car under the blanket with the air conditioner blowing pretending it was really cold. hahaha...I'm such a dork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm glad you're using it even though it's hot. That's something I would've done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you came Skye Lee! It was so fun hanging out and laughing about some of our old times. And I can't wait til we go hiking and watch our videos. Lets go ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time. Its nice to see that you all have stuck to being friends all these years later. I was a year behind you..I can remember some of it..Although I think I need to start taking some Ginko Bilobo or what ever it is for memory..My memory isn't as good as it used to be!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.