18.9.10

becoming organized

we have been in our house for almost five months and i have to share a little secret with you... i have yet to fully organize my closet, jewelry, art room, and countless other things.  almost every weekend i make a list of things i'm planning to get done and i'm lucky if i get 3 things checked off the list.  i was finally determined to tackle my clothes last weekend.  i am proud to say i organized everything by type of item and then each type is in rainbow order.  for instance short sleeve tees have their own section then i put them in order by color and so on.  maybe it just makes me sound ocd but either way it was nice to feel like things were in their place and it's much easier to track down outfits when i'm in a hurry.   
i also tackled all of my bags and my favorite high heels.     
if only i could find a cute way to organize the rest of my shoes
and my jewelry
so that i don't have several random piles like this lying around.
some of my necklaces have become so tangled it might take me years to get them undone. 
not sure why i do these sorts of things to myself. 
this brings me to the purpose of this post.  do any of you out there have great ideas on organizing jewelry and shoes?
i'd like to figure out a more creative way to organize them than just an average jewelry box or clunky shoe racks which are really not so efficient anyway because they just take up
a lot of room.
please pass your genius ideas my way and maybe i'll have all the motivation i need at that point to tackle these tasks.
happy weekend to you.....xo!

5 comments:

  1. Hey didn't you used to make fun of me for organizing my clothes by color?!??:) I was going to call you earlier when I was at JC Penneys they had some cute Hello Kitty pyjamas & clothes!! You'll have to see the cute vampire shirt I got Mia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got a lot done. I think your sweet hubby should build you some shoe shelves for your closet. He build our whole closet and I LOVE it. It was originally a hall way that went into our kitchen and we remodeled the house closed it off and tore every thing out. Made it a nice big walk in closet. He built the whole thing and If I remember correctly your hubby has some building back ground..or a poppa that does?? I use my shoe shelves for jeans, sweaters, shoes etc.

    I also have put a few nails in to hang necklaces on. But Maurices does have some of those cute jewelrey organizers with individual pockets. They hang up in your closet or any where and they seperate every thing. I had to cut a few of my necklaces apart:( Also i used to do suction cups with hooks for Christmas lights in my bathroom on the mirror for my necklaces and on my dresser mirror..Lately ive been doing the nails in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bobbie...i think it did tease you about that but it's a genius idea. i must have just teased you because i was jealous or something :)

    jennifer...i love your closet idea! i think it's so cool that you now have a bigger closet with all kinds of storage space. yes will has the backgroud for such porjects. i'll see what he thinks of your brilliant idea.
    thanks for the jewelry orginization pointers too. i'm going to get out there and see what i can find and come up with something perfect. i'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you could use cute little bowls or mini-trays to just toss earrings or bracelets in. for necklaces i have this multi-hook from ikea that keeps them all nice and neat on the wall. does vegas have an ikea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lisa....i'm a fan of that hook. thanks for the input....all good ideas. i'm really not sure if vegas has one. i know you say that store is magic so i'll have to look into it. thanks...xoxo

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.