14.11.09

the best wedding ever



Our wedding was perfect!  I loved every little thing about it.  There wasn't any formal follow the rules kind of stuff that most weddings have.  I know the little kids appreciated that part and I loved that part too so I guess you could say I'm a little kid.  If I wasn't all fancied up I would have probably been sliding down little hills and climbing on rocks with the rest of them. 






The ceremony and festivities took place on November 7th in the Hualapai Mountains.  I was aiming for a rustic feel with little quirks.  I didn't spend a bunch of money on decorations and fluff.  It was all about the pumpkins, leaves, and twigs.  Tableclothes were made with butcher paper.  Our cupcake cake had Wall-E and Eve as the toppers.

We had individually wrapped smores for favors and you better believe there was a lovely campfire to make those yummy treats right away.  There were Bobbie's delicious cookies that the entire crowd gobbled up right away.                                       
 We dined on chili and fry bread.  The best part about the day was celebrating with all the people I love.  I never imagined so many people would show up but they did and it was delightful.  It was like a giant hug-fest all day and I loved that!      
My dear friend and pen pal of over 10 years Matthew Morgan.


There was a crew of lovely ladies who toiled in the kitchen the entire time.  They all pitched in out of the kindness of their hearts.  Those ladies were responsible for the perfect decorations and happy full bellies.  I could never thank everyone enough for all they did to make our day so wonderful.



 I thought I'd be extra nervous since I tend to be nervous about everything but I was unusually calm.  The thing I worried about most was crying.  I absolutely did not want to cry.  A big part of it was vanity because I didn't want to ruin my makeup.  Big surprise right?  The other reason was I had this fear that if I started crying I wouldn't be able to stop.  I am not the kind of person who cries easily but those weeks leading up to the wedding I spent many a night crying.  For me the wedding was such a bittersweet thing.  I've always wanted to be married and I finally found the perfect guy for me so that was pure joy.  However, knowing that my dad would not physically be there to walk me down the aisle and enjoy the moments of that special day with us broke my heart.  I know he was there in spirit though.  I am sure that is part of the reason I felt so calm.  Brandon walked me down the aisle along with my dog Brule.


  I think Brule stole the show.  I fancied up her harness with leaves and a giant burlap bow.  She was rather shy and probably didn't love that I made her deal with the crowd but she was so cute and sweet.  I love her so much and had to have her there with me.  She is amazing as most of you know.



My mom arranged the music for the wedding.  I had always wanted her to play the piano at my wedding but since hauling her Steinway to the wedding wasn't an option I went with other options which were really great.  My mom is currently taking bagpipe lessons so she had her instuctor play at the wedding.  I loved it!  Thanks Muzza!

Then she was able to arrange having a friend Melissa and her crew play the strings so I could walk down the aisle to Canon in D as I always wanted.  They played beautifully.  I could probably write for days about every little detail that made the day so great but I won't.  I don't have the official wedding photos from Deb yet but all these are ones that friends or family took.  Enjoy and be expecting more soon.
My handsome husband!
The girls!

Maid of Honor and Best Man

Our signature first kiss......eskimo style.

8 comments:

  1. You made me cry......you have a way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful! And yay, the bodyguard pic made it! Haha. Apparently I'm gonna comment on every post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magical day. Glad to be a small part of it... thanks for the memories, you and Will are so cute and wish you happiness FOREVER! See you soon (i hope) :) barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a memorable event that brought friends and family together! I was honored to be there. I thought a lot about Robert and I know he was there walking down heart to heart with Skye, Brandon, and Brule'. I was a little baffled that the bride, who normally wouldn't walk into a gym by herself, was extremely cool and collected an hour before the wedding. When I arrived at her house before the wedding I knocked on the door(not expecting the bride to answer) to be greeted by Skye making a waffle...I was like, "OK who are you and where is Skye?" Identity crisis! It was refreshing to see her like that...true love! I am excited for the many more amazing memories you both will create together and I hope I'm part of some of them...like babysitting! Congrats.
    Love, Heather Mains

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously loooved your wedding. I'm so glad we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat and how unique! As I go through these and get to know you I see what an amazing individual you are. So happy things went so wonderful for you and that you are truly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Jennifer! I love all of your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am listening to Canon in D as I write this comment :)

    I just love your wedding! that you didn't wear the typical wedding dress because neither did I! you would be shocked if I told you how much I thrifted my wedding dress for and yet it was exactly what I was looking for! (I tried on the frilly wedding dresses... not me) Kindred.

    ps. I could really go for some of Bobbie's cookies right now! those are my fave.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.