14.11.09

where the wild things are





A few days before Halloween Will told me he had a surprise planned.  He should not have ever told me such a thing because I wouldn't stop pestering him with questions.  The night before our top secret plans I figured it out after a series of questions.  I've always wanted to check out this place called KEEPERS OF THE WILD.  It's a wild animal rescue facility.  They take in the mistreated little critters that need some love and give them love.  Will planned ahead to make sure we arrived at feeding time and we took the guided tour.  It was amazing watching these wild beasts gobble up chunks of meat.  Not so amazing when I felt a little blood splatter on me as they tossed the meat over the high fence to the hungry tigers.  Here are some of the wild photos.....

right about now is when I asked the tour guide if they could jump over the fence. 







After all the blood and guts we had cuddle time with two little deer named Fred and Barney.  Will and I both wanted to take these little guys home with us. 
We went on and on about how cute they were and let them nibble on our fingers.  It was amazing to hear their little crying noises, almost sounded like a human baby. 





Aren't they adorable?  Trust me......you would have wanted to take them home too. 

Apparently this facility gets the leftover pumpkins after Halloween each year to give to the wild ones for toys.  This year all stores sold out.  I think I'm the reason why since I purchased as many pumpkins as possible for our wedding decorations.  We told one of the ladies at keepers that we would donate our pumpkins after the wedding so hopefully there will be more fun pictures to share from this place soon. 
I'm glad Will planned this fun little trip for us. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Skye! I never thought to tell you about when I worked at Cerbat Cliffs Animal Hospital, Keepers of the Wild used to bring their animals there. After hours we would do surgeries and stuff on tigers, leopards, lions, all the way to ducks and stuff. I got to play and cuddle with a baby lion while they were doing the other baby's surgery. It was so cool. I'll have to find some pictures for you. Yay for Will taking you there!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.