1.1.11

1.1.11

our celebration last night and early this morning was wonderful except for the part when i threw a fit and tried to spoil the fun.  not really, but kind of.  my brother didn't think i would give an accurate account of my behavior on here so i'm going to prove him wrong. 
i fixed dinner for mom and myself, my mom came over and baked cookies that were insanely delicious, the guys had pizza.  we played 3 rounds of cranium and laughed like crazy.  my mom brought over fireworks.  i don't know what it is about guys but they all seem to be obsessed with anything explosive or dangerous, so of course they were trying to find the ways to make the fireworks most intense like attaching them to each other and lighting them all at once.  my mom is just down for whatever fun she can have so she was joining in with the guys and laughing. 
i on the other hand was paranoid and thinking someone from our very quiet neighborhood would get mad and call the police or i worried that something would catch on fire.  so i was freaking out and lecturing everyone while they made fun of me and got annoyed with me. 



i guess you can blame it on the fact that i've had an issue with fireworks from the time i was born basically.  every fourth of july was an issue during my childhood because i would beg to have my dad take me to the car or go home while i clung to him.  i guess i was just born uptight.  there is even a story in my journal from when i was about 3 years old about how my primary teacher at church was discussing that the 4th was coming up and it would be fun because we'd watch fireworks and i got up and told the entire class different.  i told them how fireworks are bad and they scare you.
[i'm more of a sparkler kind of girl]
 
anyway, my family all jokes about my stubborn bossy uptight nature and they frequently call me boz...for those of you that don't know boz is one of my moms dogs.  he is a very bossy little guy and he has a tendency to sometimes spoil the fun. 
i love boz a lot and so does my mom.  i can see how boz and i could be put in the same category.  my brother went as far as to draw a picture of boz with my face on his body.
he certainly entertained the group with that drawing because they couldn't stop laughing.  i pretended to pout a little but it was funny i guess. 
i'm glad that despite being picked on for most of the night i had such a fun time with my family.  in my opinion there wouldn't have been a better way to start a new year except for maybe a trip to disneyland....maybe.   

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I worry about every little thing and I'd be worried about the neighbors getting mad. Happy New year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big wuss, don't worry. I'd have been freaking out too. Ha. I love your brother's drawing, you look like a Simpsons character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I love fireworks, but yeah I know I'd be all paranoid about someone calling the cops too. Especially if it was my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dog/skye picture! BTW whatever happened to that surprise you said you were gonna tell a while back? Did you already and i've just missed it??

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.