8.5.10

i'm ba-aaack

this is probably going to end up being like 10 posts in 1 because we just got the internet hooked back up and i have a moment to sit and type. 
a lot has happened this last week.  we finally moved into our new house which has been a dream come true.  i had the week off work to get us unpacked and settled.  it was so wonderful to have a break from work and spend the days settling into our home.   
my birthday was wonderful thanks to my husband and my mom.....plus all the other awesome family and friends who went out of their way to make my day special.  i felt like queen for the day or actually for a few days because i milk the "it's my birthday" thing as long as i possibly can.  when i find my camera i'll post pictures from my birthday.  i took a bunch while we were on the fun run.
the highlights from our week:
when we pulled into the u-haul lot to pick a truck up i said to Will, "i really hope we don't get that disgusting spider one."  we go in and fill out the paperwork and the guy hands us keys to....you guessed it....the scary looking spider truck.  we laughed about for most of the day.  i mean we had to laugh about something because moving certainly isn't something to laugh about.  moving is one of our least favorite things.
as we were bringing things in from our garage one day Will noticed something tiny run into the garage.
we didn't want to hurt the adorable little fella so we tried our hardest to make it run out.  actually it hopped which made it even cuter.  we tried catching him to release the little guy into the vacant field next door but that was silly. we looked like a couple of clowns chasing the rascal around the garage.  finally he made his way out to the field.  i'm sure we terrified him.  seeing the adorable little critter made our day.
after her day at the groomer Mascara came over to the spend the afternoon with me.  she wasn't happy about being groomed and she wasn't happy about being in a strange new place for a few hours either.  she just wanted to get back to her house in the mountains with the rest of the babes and i heard about it.  she whined for most of the time she was here, especially when Will came home.  she loves him so much and she was thrilled to tell him her story.  the only time she was content while at my house was when i was right next to her relaxing.  when my mom came to pick her up i told her it was like watching an crying baby for several hours.  i was thrilled to have some time with her though because ever since we moved we have really missed the dogs. 

in closing i'll leave a few pictures of the decorating we have done so far.  i'll post real pictures of the house once everything is in it's place and my camera decides to appear.  
 
[one of my many owls]
[decals we put up in the art room/guest room]
[a wall in the living room full of art i made]

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been checking the blog like a stalker, hoping for pictures even after seeing it in person. You're so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be fooled I'm not always this productive. It was really great to spend some time with you yesterday. When Will got home I couldn't stop telling him all the cute details of Paige and Cason coming for a visit at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Well, I'll always imagine you being productive like that. I FLIPPIN LOVE your house. Jess is worried I'm gonna make him trade ours in any minute. It was great to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, we LOVE it too! We think you guys should get a magical house right next to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll see what we can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I can't wait to visit :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.