30.4.10

goodbye twenties

tomorrow i will be kissing my twenties goodbye.
my twenties have been a mix of
wonderful moments that i wish could last forever
and
moments that i'd rather fast forward. 
but so it is with life....
you take the good
and the bad
because you really don't have a choice.
the number one question i've been asked lately is...
are you nervous/sad about turning 30?
my answer has been.....
no, i'm excited.
anyone that knows me knows i worry and stress about everything
so i guess it's natural to assume that i wouldn't be accepting this
milestone birthday with grace.
i've only had one moment of panic about turning 30
in the past few days,
despite all the teasing and horror stories of creeping into a new decade.  
i think the biggest reason i'm so calm is because
my twenties ended with a bang! 
29 brought me the happiest event of my life so far,
marrying the man of my dreams. 
the twenties started out with intense sorrow and a  huge life lesson.
the subject of that lesson....death.
a subject i never thought i'd deal with but when my dad left this earthly life
i did.
there were years
between that event 
and today.
some a blur.
some incredibly memorable and perfect. 
but all in all these twenties of mine
have just improved as the time has flown by.
i can only imagine it will get better from here. 
bring it on 30, i'm ready for you!

5 comments:

  1. Very well written.....I am so blessed to have you as my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what your mom said. But then everything you write is well written. Oh yeah...... Mia and I love the glasses!! Happy birthday beautiful!!!! We love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I meant to give you a nice birthday post, but my cousin's wedding was on Saturday and I made their wedding cake. So I was WAY busier than I expected for that day and the couple before. I hope you had a great day. I can't wait for pics of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you guys.......you can never go to far away or I will die. :(

    I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww.....your poor mom!!!!!! :( I could just imagine what she's going through!!! We both want our baby birds with us always!!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.