17.5.10

up and stuff





well i discovered once again this weekend that i cry when i watch this movie.
i don't cry easily at movies and usually if i've seen a movie that makes me cry several times i don't cry every single time. 
but UP does it to me every time. 
such a fantastic movie that somehow captures each emotion perfectly.
i'll never forget the first time i saw this.  it was on a date with Will. 
i remember being embarrassed to cry in front of him especially over an animated movie so i bit my lip and help most of it back. 
now he knows that i cry like a baby, and he remembers all the parts that i do, so he'll just hug me while i cover my face and sob. 
does anyone else get that emotional watching UP?
and just so you know i'm in love with this painting of their house at paradise falls. 

p.s. Brandi....i think of you every time i watch UP
and i think of your adorable mailbox.
just thought i'd let you know.

ok now that i purged all that....
last night i did this painting which is a gift for an upcoming
baby shower i'm attending.
when Will saw it he gasped
and said it's the cutest monkey he's ever seen. 
he gets really excited when i'm artsy.
i like that.

he was watching a movie in the other room while i painted.
i called for him and told him i had a big problem.
[i kind of felt like a little kid that was telling on myself after making a huge mess]
well that's because i did make a huge mess.
i'd like to call it the famous blue paint explosion.
i was too panicked about cleaning it up that i failed to snap a picture of the disaster but trust me it was bad.
bright blue paint on the carpet, the wall, the window, the cord to the blinds, and everything else in it's path.
here's a little peek at where the explosion started and a speckle on the carpet.

clogged paint tube+hard squeezing=recipe for disaster
right after it happened i thought....duh!
it's like i knew that would happen but i was still too impatient to unclog it in a reasonable way.
silly me!
luckily Will came in armed with a roll of paper towels and helped me clean it up although i couldn't get the paint off everything yet....hopefully some magic potion will help me get the rest cleaned up.
 


4 comments:

  1. Skye I cry on the movie UP. Betcha couldn't guess that huh? Anyways, if you can't get the blue paint off your carpet try febreeze. Seriously it works really good on stains. Gramps used it by accident on a stain and he showed me how well it worked. So Mia and I tried it on some nail polish that had been stuck on our carpet forever and guess what?? No more nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of COURSE I cry at UP! :) I'm flattered you think of me when you watch it. Haha! I think of YOU when we watch Wall-E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally got all choked up during Up.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.