16.5.10

i'm coloring the world...




one painting at a time.
most of my free time this week was spent painting.  here are a few more gems i have to share with you.
first off a very late birthday present for a very dear friend....
{a journal i painted for marcy}
{and a small painting of her fiesty little dog layla}
she was in love with both items.  she's a big fan/cheerleader of mine.

then.....
i thought, what if there was a bomb full of colors and it exploded in the sky of a black/white/gray world?
i think the colors would float down on little parachutes and each color would land in the precise spot it was intended to make everything beautiful. 
so all of these thoughts i had resulted in this painting.
which has appropriately been named "color bomb"
[please ignore the poor photo quality.  i promise the real camera
will be coming out to play soon]

last night i asked Will which painting he would prefer to round out our art wall in the living room....
a happy storm cloud similar to the one i painted earlier in the week or a pirate ship of some sort???
he picked this one...
i'm glad he did because it fits in perfectly.

marcy gifted me with the most amazing rug the other day. 
i won't be using it as a rug since it's too adorable.  it's actually already hanging on our bedroom wall.
i love marcy because when we go for walks in the desert by my house we somehow get off the well marked trail and end up in the middle of nowhere because we talk too much and don't pay attention. 
we know how to make exercise fun obviously.
i also love my husband, my amazing family, the dogs, our new house, and making works of art.....just to name a few.
who/what do you love? 

2 comments:

  1. Cute new paintings, and I love the rug Marcy got you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.......it looks like Will and I have the same taste in paintings!! I feel bad now for buying your original cloud painting! :( But I'm glad you did another one for him!! I like the little doggie at the bottom of your color bomb painting!! Great job Picasso! :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.