11.5.10

my creations and my thoughtful husband

OUCH! 
the art bug has bit me and it bit me hard.  i don't know if it was the fact i had to do without being creative while my art supplies were in storage or what.  but i like it! 
i made this lovely painting the other night with the intention to keep it
because i'm just greedy like that with the things i make
even if i'm commisioned to make
something...i have a hard time parting with it.
this little lovely had been in my head
for a month or so and i finally had a chance to let it out.
the pictures i have in my head always evolve into something more
once i get going with them.  this one did just that.
anyway this dear painting found a new home today
even though it wasn't planning to originally.
i'm going to miss it but i'm also extremely happy to sell my creations.

then just like that, the next night i get another genius idea.
i love when this happens because it doesn't often.
usually i find myself with creative block and it can be so frustrating.
without further ado the magic that recently came out on canvas...
now this one...i refuse to part with because it has too much
personal meaning behind it.
i love when my dear husband sits in the art room with me and either talks
to me while i'm creating or even silently sits and reads. 
he was partially present for both of these gems because he's just awesome like that.
he's also awesome because even when i forget such milestones as monthly anniversaries
like our sixth monther that just happened on the 7th.....he doesn't forget.
he reminds me via text then follows that up by coming home
with his hand behind his back faking back pain only to pull out flowers
with a sweet little note.
like i said....he's awesome.

6 comments:

  1. You are an amazing, creative, genius! I stand in awe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I of COURSE LOVE the raincloud, but your house one is awesome too. We're waiting to hear on a new car we REALLY want, so I've had a hard time passing the time the last couple days. I have checked your blog OBSESSIVELY like a freak. I was so happy to see this new post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY hope you get the car you are wanting! That's funny because I was just thinking the other day.....what are they going to do about fitting another little one in their vehicle. I obsessively check your blog all the time and I'm usually sad but you've been doing great lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Muzza you are talented like no other in the music department so don't act like I'm the only one with talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha thanks. Yeah, we DEFINITELY need something bigger. We're in love with this olive green 2006 pilot, and HOPEFULLY will get it tomorrow if financing all works out.

    Yeah, like I was telling you I was WAY out of the habit after 6 weeks of morning sickness. But I think I'm getting back in the blogging groove now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skye....thanks for selling me When the Clouds are Happy!! I didn't know you were having that hard of a time parting with it!!! I love it soo much and of course Mia does too. :)
    P.S. I'm glad you guys found your brown pillow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.