29.5.10

parting is such sweet sorrow....

...that i shall say good night till it be morrow.                                          
                                                 -shakespeare
true story...that parting and sorrow stuff.  a few days ago Will decided to take a trip to california with his friend John to pick up an old car that his friend bought.  he asked if i would be ok with him leaving for about 24 hours and i said....whatever you want to do.....like it wasn't big deal.  well i regretted saying that the next night when his iffy decision to go turned in to a firm decision to go. 
you would think we would get sick of each other since see each other so much even on work days, because we are lucky enough to work for the same corporation.   we usually have lunch together.  we sometimes take little breaks together and it's the greatest thing to meet up with him for a few minutes on a hectic day.  we spend more time with each other than most married couples probably do but it doesn't get old.  i love spending time with him. 
anyway the other night you would have thought he told me he would be leaving for a week by the way i pouted.  not to mention the way i panicked about staying here all by myself for an entire night.  let's just say i'm really glad Will doesn't have to travel for work because i'm a big wimp about nights alone.  the kind of wimp that turns every light on in the house when it's dark.  i can admit that...i'm not ashamed.
this going away for 24 hours thing wasn't as bad as i originally imagined.  first of all it's easy for me to say that because he's almost home and secondly i had a fun sleepover at my moms house last night.  i got to play with my 5 favorite furry creatures.  i got to spend a little quality time with my mom.  and i had the chance to watch some favorite shows on tv (something i don't do at my house).
so all is well and i am happy.
here are a few of the billion pictures i took of the babes and the pretty wildflowers around my moms house.....


buddha



boz



brulé


mascara



steinway
















those 5 furry creatures are so much fun and i love them.....i love you too mom.

now excuse me while i go count down the minutes......my romeo will be home soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to be alone, I hate that. Glad you had fun with your mom though. AND that he's back now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The babes and the flowers go together.....they are both things of beauty. I loved having you over for a slumber party. :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.