10.2.10

work can be fun or funny

As most of you know I got married 3 months ago.  A couple weeks after our wedding a lovely friend of mine asked if I ever received the gift she sent to my office.  I never got it.  We both work at the hospital and she used a reliable hospital wide delivery system to send this little package my way.  The gift was placed in an inner-office envelope and taken to the mail room for distribution.  A person from each department is designated to check their mailbox daily, I am the checker for my department. It kinda reminds me of grade school when you decorate a valentine box and with great anticipation watch as you accumulate love notes over the days....except not quite that fun.
My friend was concerned that I didn't receive the gift, as was I, so both of us set out to search for this package.  No luck.  She went ahead and told me the contents of this missing envelope.  I was so sad to think of this cute lost gift.  We both assumed that somebody snagged the package and I'd never see it. 
Now that so much time has passed I rarely think of my long lost present.  Well guess what.....yesterday a doctor that works in the emergency room stopped me in the hall to tell me she found something that belongs to me.  Apparently my missing gift took up residence in the emergency room for the last 3 months.  I have no idea why or how it ended up there since the envelope clearly stated my name and department.  I'm just glad this awesome surprise finally got to me.  It made my day rather fun!

In closing I'd like to share a wonderful picture which captures the funniest moment from work today....
[i love how his veins are popping out in his head because he's laughing so hard]

Will and I went on a break together.  Something really funny happened.  It was an embarrassing moment for a stranger that we witnessed.  We got a horrible case of the giggles which we tried our hardest to disguise in hopes that we wouldn't cause any further embarrassment to the poor guy.  The situation reminded me of the times I'd get the giggles in church and try my best not to cause a scene, but usually did end up causing a scene.  Well we did just that.  The poor guy saw us laughing but luckily he was a good sport and joked about it.  We laughed until we couldn't breathe, our tummies hurt, and tears were streaming down our face.  It was the best!!!   

4 comments:

  1. Somebody stepped on a frog didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille...you hate it that I always leave you hanging don't you? :)

    Tyra...you are right! It was the funniest thing ever because he didn't think he got caught and he sheepishly looked up over his newspaper to lock eyes with Will who totally heard and couldn't help but laugh. Then I made matters even worse by laughing like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! Thats the funniest thing ever! I love when that happens, (as long as it doesn't happen to me!)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.