13.2.11

exchanging love

i enjoy valentine's day because i enjoy love and a day that is set aside specifically for exchanging love is my kind of day.
this is a little weed flower za husband picked for me when we were outside earlier.  i love it.

yesterday za husband brings in the mail and imagine my shock and excitement when i recieve this package from a lovely friend.  i call her cousin jana.  she calls me cousin skye.  long story....but in a nutshell we met through my cousin lisa several years ago.  i found out we share the same excitement for valentines day and other things.  we exchanged special handmade cards one year on valentine's day.  we don't talk often and haven't seen each other in quite some time but she thought of me and sent me special collage cards and an adorable little canvas that basically made my day! 

her valentine surprise from me is going to be a little late (procrastination at it's best) but she's such a cool girl i know it won't matter.
what matters is that we both thought of each other.
hooray for handmade valentine gifts!
tomorrow you get to see the gift i painted for za husband. 
i think he is going to love it.

2 comments:

  1. everything on this post was adorable <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i feel so special to have made it on your blog. more crafts to be made soon!! love you cousin skye xoxo

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.