15.3.10

imaginary dog sled

It was a sunshiney perfect day. How better to enjoy the pretty weather than take the dogs for a walk    right?  For those of you who don't know, we have 5 huskies.  They are intense, intellegent, wonderful, and extremely naughty on walks.  Once upon a time I was walking two of the naughties when they saw a little squirrel and pulled me down a hill.  I did a flip in the air and landed on my side.  It resulted in a huge bruise, a shoulder injury, and an ankle injury that still hurts from a couple years ago.  I forgave them because they are so adorable.  This afternoon my mom was their victim.  She had Steinway and Boz.  I had Bru.  Will had Maskie and Buddha.  All was great until they spotted the neighbor dogs.  They wanted to be super friendly and play with the dogs and a nearby horse.  So what did they do?  They pulled like crazy.  Luckily I was able to control mine and Will was able to control his but my poor mom wasn't so lucky.  She slid on her feet for a while and then fell on her bum and slid on that while they continued to pull until Will could get ahold of one and I could get the other.  Some may ask....why didn't she just let go?  Well lets just say we are insanely obsessed with these lovely babies and it would break our hearts to lose one to some sort of accident so we just hang on and hope for the best.  Some may say....why don't you train them?  They are very well mannered in all sorts of ways except for when they see a critter.  Any husky owner would probably understand.  Not only are they made to pull but they seem to let peer pressure get the best of them.  One does something and the rest have to do it.  After the panic subsided  and we got control of  the wild ones we laughed.  In fact we are still laughing.  I keep replaying the scene in my head and it makes me burst out in laughter.  Poor mom.  At least she just has a sore bum.  I was tempted to walk back to the scene of the crime and snap pictures of her skid marks but got too tired by the time I made it home to my camera.  However I did get a picture of each of the wild ones responsible for this little accident.

Handsome guy Boz


Pretty girl Steinway with her victim

4 comments:

  1. I can barely move and my bum is so sore........but..the babes are worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor mom. My first rottweiler did that to me once when a cat went running by. I was all scraped up. Haha. I must have been a wuss though, it took a couple dogs to get your mom down. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok....of course I feel sorry for your mom....but I could not help but laugh when I read this!!! I just got a visual and I would have loved to be there to see it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi my mom loved your comment. I think it made her feel a little more like a warrior than a wimp :)

    Bobbie I wish you were there. I'm still laughing about it.

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.