25.7.10

green pokey

so for maybe the second time in a year and a half we used the gps on my phone.  this time to navigate around flagstaff.
that thing is a miracle.  it helped us easily find every place we wanted to stop at.  before getting on the road to head home we decided ice cream was in order.  i typed in ice cream flagstaff az, and it pulled up all of the places that served the sweet stuff in a ten mile radius.  we opted for dairy queen. 
since i was an expert at reading off directions that this amazing thing told us all day, i figured this time would be just as simple as all the others.  wrong.  i think i was in my own little world and exhausted from a day of shopping because i sent us on a wild goose chase for about 15 minutes. 
the map looked a little something like this and our conversation went a little bit like this...
s---ok...follow this road for 2.1 miles and turn left on this road.
w---what is next. 
s---umm according to the map this flashing blue dot is saying we are a little off track.  turn around.
w---(turns around) ok well which road do i need to turn on.
s---i'm not sure.  the directions aren't so clear.  hold on.
s---nevermind we are back on track according to the blue dot.  keep going. 
w---(looking at me like he's a little confused) which street do i need to turn on. 
s---wait we are off track again.  maybe you should pull over and take a look at this. 
w---(pulls over and looks at the phone)
s---we need to be where this green pokey is.  see it.
w--- green pokey???.....oh i love you.  you are funny.
w---(starts driving again) 
s---(looking at the phone with a puzzled expression)
w---according to your phone it should be right here on this corner.  they must have closed down or something. 
s and w----(completely bummed)
after another minute of driving and choosing a different place to get ice cream it suddenly makes sense. 
s---wait a minute.  green means go.  red means stop.  i was wrong, we aren't supposed to be at the green pokey.  we should be at the red pokey. 
w---(laughing) oh love bug.
we finally got on track and enjoyed a delicious treat from dairy queen. 
this magic tool didn't fail us all day.  for some reason i got the green and red pokeys mixed up on this last stop.  don't judge me.....i was tired.

oh and while on this trip i may have discovered and purchased the cutest shirt on the planet...
my owl obsession is out of control....or if you ask my 5 year old cousin mia...."skye is infected with owls"  
she sometimes gets the word infected and obsessed mixed up which is so cute.
as will said yesterday when i found this shirt...."owl be damned."
i cracked up.   

one more thing.....just because i can't seem to end this post i'm going to add a preview picture of some art i've been working on.  i should be mean and not show this on here and make brandi wait to see it but i can't wait.  i still have a couple tiny things to finish on it.  this is for my lovely friend brandi.  she went with a scottie dog theme for their nursery.  she is going to wait to see if this baby is a boy or a girl.  i think she just wanted to torture me and the billion other people who are curious to know about this bundle of joy.  at least the wait will be over soon.  i tried to go as gender neutral as possible. enjoy....

 

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE MY SCOTTIE PICTURE!!!! Thank you! I can't wait to see it in person. I'm so lucky.

    I also love your new owl shirt and the fact that Mia says you're "infected". Hahaha. How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun to take a trip.... sorry you got lost. Cold stone is RIGHT OFF the freeway :) FYI :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi I'm so glad you love it times 3. You are so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute too.
    You guys crack me up, and the patience that Will has is amazing:) Dairy queen is worth the frustration since we don't have one any more.
    Your shirt is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is pretty patient most of the time which is nice. Yes that hot fudge sundae was so worth the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! I love the scottie picture...is it also what I think it might be? And I love your cute owl shirt! AND I love that Mia thinks you're infected..haha! But, I must say that I think you're crazy for choosing DQ over Coldstone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.....I almost forgot how Mia said you're infected!!! Did you hear how she told us her back teeth in the back (her molars) were hatching?? :) Anyways, I love the shirt....it's a cute little owl nerd!! :) And I love how Brandi went with a scottie doggie theme! Very cute!! The picture is Very Cute too!! Don't forget to show us the completed version too! And I love the gps on the iphone too but did you also know they have a mapquest app for the iphone? That was a little more helpful for me in California cuz I got the "pokeys" mixed up too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tyra Layne...the scottie picture is totally what you are thinking it might be so let me know how you want to arrange getting it so you can make copies. In most cases I would chose Coldstone over DQ but I was in a DQ kind of mood. Mia is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobbie I can't stop thinking about Mia saying her teeth were hatching...it's cracking me up. I've thought about it several times and it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never fully read this until tonight...when you wanted me to look at it I did it half assed because I had a deadline with my homework. I would totally call it a pokey too! No wonder Will fits right in with the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE love so feel free to leave me some right in this box below.